DSD256 Playback thru Chord Mojo 2 (is limiting to 32 bit 384 kHz)

Roon Core Machine

Dell XPS15 9520 (32G RAM, Intel Core i9; Win 11 Home).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Chord Mojo 2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi,
I installed the driver for the Mojo 2. I also downloaded a track from Native DSD in DSD256. All went well and I can play the music, however the max resolution is 32 bit 384 kHz.

When I go into the Chord driver that is the max that is listed.

Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks!!

I forgot to include, I am sending the music to my Mojo 2 via a Thunderbolt 3 USB C cable to the Mojo USB C port, so there should hopefully be adequate data transmission capacity.

Check your Mojo 2 device settings and see if it’s set for 32/768.

The odd thing is, before I downloaded Roon, when I brought up the Chord in Audio Settings I could choose all the way up to DSD256. Now, the choices only go up to 384. See screenshot

You should delete that. It shows your email address.

Good point, thanks! Trying to delete now

1 Like

Sounds like you’re using the incorrect driver output via Roon. Go into audio/settings and check to see if the the pc shows an ASIO output this is the one you need I believe as it’s the one for the higher res and adds DSD 256 support via DoP.

Thanks CrystalGipsy! I am new to the community and wasn’t aware of ASIO. I downloaded ASIO4ALL, but it isn’t coming up on the audio output list in Settings. More reading to do…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.