DSD512 not available as an option

In Device Setup - Playback The max DSD sample rate available in Roon is limited to “Up to DSD256” even though DSD 512 appears under “Bit-Perfect Format Support” for my T&A DAC8 DSD. DSD Playback Strategy is set to “Native”. (similar limitation for PCM Max Sample Rate - 384kHZ only)

The PC is Windows 10 Pro 64bit running on a Razer Bade i7700 with 16GB RAM with the T&A drivers installed. The Roon software was downloaded and installed on 3 Sep 2017.

HQPlayer can playback music upsampled to DSD512 on it’s on and not via Roon so I don’t think there’s a problem with the driver or PC.

Appreciate it if you could help advise what settings I need to change in Woon to get DSD512. Thanks.

@support

Hi @Wei-Jen_Sng ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are appreciated!

Moving forward, have you tried enabling “Work Around Drivers that misreport device capabilities”, this can be found in the “playback” tab under “device setup”. Furthermore, I see that you have no issues when upsampling via HQPlayer, have you tried to doing the same in Roon via the DSP engine? If so, what was the experience like?

-Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for getting back. Unfortunately I don’t see the option to enable that “work around drivers …” in the device setup>playback tab.

weijen

Hi @Wei-Jen_Sng ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you verify for me what you have your “Max DSD Sample Rate” set to? This information can also be found in the "playback tab.

-Eric