DSP channels level

Hi there,

I’m using Roon as DSP for an Okto 8PRO dac very smoothly. Three power amps: low level filter, mid and mid, and the high level filter.

I tried moving the channel level for one of the outputs, and it is directly affecting the other two outputs. Anyone knows how to deal with this?? I would love to be able to manage the levels independently, from Roon.

Thanks!!

MO

Not sure of your situation, but if you are trying to adjust one channel’s output level while keeping the others the same, you could use the feature in the Okto dac8pro to make the adjustment. That’s what I did to equalize the volume level across all of my speakers (a 5.2.2 array) before measuring and applying convolution filters. JCR

1 Like

You can use the speaker setup filter for this to adjust the level of each speaker, not sure if it works for multichannel but it does for stereo.

1 Like

Thanks @Jeffrey_Robbins. This is what I did. But was expecting to be able to do it over Roon, as it’d be much easier to play around.

Would you please better direct me on how to try this, @CrystalGipsy? Thanks!

It’s in the dsp settings in the filters section on the right add filter and choose speaker setup. I think it’s in the default ones you just have to enable it and adjust accordingly.

1 Like

Thanks!!

I’ll put before the crossover filters.

Cheers,

MO

PEQ level adjustment changes impacted all channels in the DSP engine. It’s a code fault.

I reported this issue.

The work around is to use convolution, or a mix of positive gain to offset driver efficiency/amp gain as needed. Then dial back headroom accordingly.

Im certain your Okto should also have individual channel volume adjustment and overall group volume. Check your manual.

I use convolution now.

Ticket is in. Overview here.

1 Like

Nice to hear this. I’ve found a couple of workarounds following the recommendations here nevertheless.

Thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.