DSP convolution

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

N/A

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Motu 8A connected to core via USB

Description Of Issue

I presently use DSP for stereo music playing out to 6 channels (subwoofer, woofer, tweeter on each side). I use Audiolense to generate a filter that creates a crossover and corrects the room acoustics.

I’m curious to see if there’s any advantage to doing the correction in two steps: A near field measurement to do the crossover between the Twitter and woofer, and smooth out any imperfections in the speaker. A far field measurement that integrates the subwoofer and correct the room acoustics as a second step.

I just want to know how Roon would compute 2 convolutions: is it additive or sequential, does the channel output of the second serve as the input for the second correction?

In the DSP section, one can add more than one convolution step. I want to implement 2 DSP filters: near field and far field

I tried it but it didn’t work as expected. The way I setup the cfg files was like this:
The first filter (room correction) sends input 0 (L channel) to output channels 0, 2, and input 1 (R channel) to output 1, 3.

The second filter takes input 0 and sends it to channels 0 and 2 on the dac (L woofer, tweeter), input channel 2 to output 4 (L sub), then input 1 to out 1 and 3 (R woofer and tweeter), finally input 3 to output 5 (R sub).

Roon shows 2 convolution steps, but with 4 paths each instead of 4 paths for the first step and 6 for the second step. So I’m a bit confused about how Roon routes the signal.

Hello @Omid_Mostachfi,

Thanks for reaching out! I’ve forwarded your question to the technical team and your case is in their review queue. It may take a bit of time to receive some feedback due to the holidays, so thank you in advance for your patience here!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.