DSP downgrade the quality with Cambridge CXN

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS Mojave iMac 27 inch 3,5 GHz Intel I7 memoria 24GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 775M 2GB.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Cambridge CXN V1 Ethernet.

Description Of Issue
Non riesco a togliere DSP e il core fa downgrade abbassando la qualità a 16 bit e da 96,4 KHz a44,1

I can not remove DSP and the core does downgrade by lowering the quality to 16 bit and from 96.4 KHz to 44.1

Can you post your signal path? I think the CXN only supports airplay with Roon which has a maximum remote resolution of 44.1, hence the downsampling via DSP.

The CXN is not a Roon Ready streamer so will only work with Airplay which has a limit of 44.1khz so anything above will be downsampled.

The only way to achieve hi res or indeed anything other than AirPlay is to use a Roon End Point inbetween to feed the CXN with coax,

Beware the RPi usb solution is limited by a glitch in CAs implementation of USB class 2 that doesn’t work so the best is USB class 1 at 24 96

I use a RPi Allo Digione to provide full 24 192 to the DAC by coax

Doing this you lose all artwork etc on the CXN screen, it’s just a DAC

Bit off a mess all round for the CXN v1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.