DSP Presets not showing up in mobile

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is a Mac Mini running 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC connected to Mac Mini

Description Of Issue

On a Mac I have created a DSP settings that includes parametric EQ for a headphone. I usually use my iPad as a way to control to what I am listening. In the iPad I can’t select the DSP Preset that I set on the Mac that is running Roon Core. Reading the forums it would seem that it should show up. I have tried restarting the iPad Roon APP various times to no avail.

Please provide screenshots to show potential helpers what you see. It’s hard to follow your textual description only, at least for me, and details may matter in this case.

So this is a screenshot of the Mac that is running Roon Core. This Mac is also where the USB DAC (Loxjie D10) that connects to my system is installed. I also installed Roon and was able to install convolution filters, add the parametric equalizer stuff.

Usually I don’t use this to browse and listen to music as it is on the rack. For that I have an ipad. What I was hoping for was to be able to change the DSP Presets on the iPad. But any presets I set up on the Mac that has Roon Core (the screenshot I have shown), don’t show up on the iPad.

Other posts in these forums gave me the impression that those Presets couldn’t be configured on iOS devices but could be selected and that it would be applied.

Guess it might be some bug. What I did was use a third Mac computer that is on the network. Installed Roon on that one, created the DSP preset with the convolution filter. Now I can see from the iPad the option for the DSP preset. I guess having Roon and RoonCore on the same machine caused some issue with RoonCore not picking up or setting the Preset that could be used by other devices in the network.

Glad to hear that it now works for you. I hope that @support looks into this anyway to check - IMO it shouldn’t matter running Roon Server and Roon on the same machine or different machines.

Hi @Rafael_Muller

Just to confirm, are you still not seeing the preset on the Roon Core using the UI?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.