Duplicate Albums and Missing album Artwork

That works, although a bit tedious .Thank You

1 Like

OK new user. Happy so far. Another question: when I try and “Search” either via Artists or otherwise i cannot seem to get track listings? Suggestions?

When you say “Search”, you mean that you are clicking the Search icon (the magnifying glass) and, for example, entering the name of an Artist?

If so, then you get a screen of search results. This screen is scrollable. At the top (if you have done a search for artists) will be the results of matches for the artist, followed by albums, then tracks, composers (if the artist name matches a composer name) and compositions.

Hi @Joe_Bornstein,

For the albums with missing artwork, can you share a screenshot of an example album in Roon so we can take a look?

If you’re looking for all Tracks in your library by a specific artist, you can navigate to the Tracks Browser and filter by Album Artist. This will show you all of the tracks by that artist that you have in your library.

1 Like

I am attaching some Screenshots as requested. For some other albums I went in an edited and the right artwork came up. For several others I copied and pasted image in. I also have a question about albums that Roon has decided into 2 separate albums each with only part of the songs. How do I get them to merge back as one album? Here are the screenshots

You should merge the albums using the Merge Albums command.

Hi @Joe_Bornstein,

Geoff’s suggestion above is correct — This should resolve this for you.

Regarding the Aretha Franklin example here, can you verify that the artwork is showing in other apps outside of iTunes?

Hi Dylan, The Arethra album artwork displays properly in Audirvana. This is also the case for the other missing or incorrect covers.

Regarding the merge albums - I will try it, but why is this happening? Again the divided albums were not divided in the other 2 softwares?

Hang about, I’ve just looked at the screenshots that you have posted. Roon seems to think that you have three different albums here (an Aretha Franklin album, a Brad Mehldau Trio album, and a third album named Hunter). Are you saying that all of these tracks are actually contained in one folder, representing a single album? If so, then I suspect that there are metadata issues at work here that are throwing Roon off-track when it tries to identify the album.

No the 3 screenshots are all different albums. Posted as examples of albums missing artwork. I also asked about albums that need to be merged but didn’t post screen of those

1 Like

Ah, OK. I notice the first album (Aretha Franklin) seems to be a compilation of two of her albums. Looking in Qobuz, I can only find one of the two (The Tender, The Moving, The Swinging). Perhaps that’s why Roon hasn’t been able to assign an image to it - although, if there is a jpeg image file in the album folder, you should be able to add this in as the image used by Roon.

The second album (Live, by the Brad Mehldau Trio) is marked as unidentified by Roon. Have you tried to manually identify the album in Roon? If I use Roon to search for this album, it finds a double album in Qobuz, which can be added, so you should be able to help Roon get this right (yours seems to be a single album though?).

When you say manually identify what does that mean? The name of the artist and album are correct in the Roon file, just artwork is missing

On the Album details screen (e.g. see my screenshot above for the Brad Mehldau Trio Live album), click the “3 dots” button, and choose the “Edit…” menu option. Then you’re in the Album Editor, and click the “Identify Album” button to see if you can find a better match for the album… The fact that you have it showing as “unidentified”, while Roon definitely knows about this album strikes me as a bit odd.

Roon working quite nicely now. I am getting used to its interface. One additional question: When you select the artist page you see an alphabetic listing of artists. Is there a short cut to jump to different parts of the alphabet? In iTunes and Audirvana they also provide a column with alphabet that you can click on.

Thank You

Depends on what device the Roon user interface is running on. On full-function devices (e.g. PCs and Macs), you should be able to jump around the list by typing on the keyboard. For touchscreen devices (e.g. Windows tablets) you should see an “ABC” icon bottom left of the screen - touching that will bring up a keyboard where you can quickly zero in on an artist.

Thank You. Keyboard works on my Apple Computer. But guess there is no shortcut on my iPhone?

Another question. Roon would not let me group my SONOS speakers with my stereo so same music could be playing across the house. It said it couldn’t because they require different specs. I am impressed that Roon can adjust my Hi Res files to play on the SONOS. When I connect SONOS directly to my music library is bypasses any Hi Res files. Is there a way to set up a setting so the downgraded specs Roon uses for SONOS could be used with the Stereo when they are all grouped?

You can’t group SONOS with other devices through roon. Roon uses its own protocol RAAT and SONOS uses a different one so no grouping across. The same is true for Chromecast devices.

Playlists:

How do you create a playlist? I found the + button, but didn’t see how I add songs. More relevant can a playlist be set up with criteria? I would like to set up a playlist with tracks that are all Hi Res. Can I set that criteria? And if I want a playlist with the word Dance in the title how can that be set up. Our a Genre? Our specific Artists ?

Thank You

Have a read of the KB article on Playlists. And if you want to pre-select items for inclusion in Playlists, then explore the use of Focus in all the different browsers (Album, Artist, Tracks, Composers, and Compositions).