Networking Gear & Setup Details

iMAC connected to ATT router using Ethernet cat 7
Streaming TIDAL

Connected Audio Devices

Lampizator Amber 3 USB

Number of Tracks in Library

2205 albums

Description of Issue

Two issues. First is I have an external WD HDD drive with albums, artists, tracks. I imported this into
Roon more than once … first time took forever and wasn’t sure it worked so hit import again. Now I have duplicates of the entire WD HDD in Roon. Yet when I try to do something like ‘library cleanup’ Roon doesn’t see any duplicates. How can I get rid of multiple copies of 3 Terabytes of music?

Second issue is I have read about upsampling in the support groups, yet I am unable to find any screen that allows me to choose upsampling either for DSD or PCM. If I go into my iMAC and Roon and choose settings → audio → device setup for Lampi Amber 3 … I get several dropdown menus from which I can customize choices.

When I click ‘show advanced’ I get more choices including max sample rates for DSD, MQA enablement, buffer sizes, etc… But nowhere do I see anything about upsampling for either DSD or PCM. Can you help me either find it, or perhaps if it is doing this automatically let me know how to control it?

Thanks, Bob

What do you mean by this?

If you added a second watched folder in Roon’s Setting->Storage to the same folder location this will result in duplicates, each location should only be watched once.

Can you take a look and post a screen shot of that screen please.

Check out these pages in the Roon Help Centre…

Thanks, Carl, for your quick reply. I don’t use the iMAC for much other than GarageBand and ROON so my mac skills in general are pretty poor. I had actually started this help stream on my windows PC because I use it for anything not music streaming related. Between that and being a new ROON user I’m not entirely sure how to copy and paste a screenshot from my iMac into a thread I started on my windows laptop. But if you can imagine clicking on Albums under the ‘my library’ section of the ROON app, what I see is 2 copies of the exact same album for all the albums I have on my WD HDD. The music itself only exists in one place…on the HDD drive. But my album count is probably 500 more than it would be if I didn’t have all the duplicates.

Then on the sampling question, I read the two articles and made minor progress in that I saw that when I clicked on the volume control, then DSP, I was able to enable ‘sample rate conversion’. I also have access to the various filters (crossfeed, parametric EQ, Audeze). After I enabled the ‘sample rate conversion’ button I was expecting it to give me some choices…but right now I’m not seeing anything further than just ‘enabled’.

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,

The additional background is interesting but it’s not really helping to get to the root cause of the issue.

You may have missed my first post in this topic, could you answer it please.

If you’re not sure how to answer that’s fine, just let us know where and we can walk you though it.

Regards,
Carl

Hello @Bob_Hill,

@Carl, one of our community leaders and moderators, is right on point. Sharing that info and screenshot should be very helpful.

By following these instructions, you should be able to upload that screenshot :grin:

Were you using a phone to to enable sample rate conversion? You’ll only see the options on a tablet or a computer.

Thanks, Rob, I was using a phone and only saw the on/off button. I switched over to my iMAC and yes, now I see options. I selected Max PCM (power of 2) and Precise filter minimum phase. The difference is subtle but I feel the noise floor is lower, dynamics a bit more pronounced, a bit more air and holographic presentation. It’s a nice feature.

3 Likes

Thanks, Rebeka and Carl, I will try and upload a screen shot shortly. I’d love to get my library sorted out…

2 Likes

Hi @Bob_Hill, I just wanted to check in and see if you’re still having trouble here. If so, please share the screenshot mentioned above and we’d be happy to take a look!

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay … we had to go out of town unexpectedly for a few days. Anyway, yes, I was able to figure out the upsampling question but could still use help with the duplicate albums problem.

To recap what I did to make the mess … I have a HDD with a ton of music on it. It’s on the HDD … but I have a folder that accesses it from the home page of my iMAC. I dragged that folder into Roon more than once … thinking that because none of the songs showed up at once that somehow I’d done it wrong. Didn’t realize it takes some time to integrate…

Anyway thanks again for helping…let me know if you need more info.
Bob

Hi @Bob_Hill, can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Hi Dylan,
Here you go…

Hi Dylan,
Wondering if it would be easier to just delete everything from ROON and start over? I’m not concerned about losing playlists or song history at this point…I plan to try and reorganize everything anyway. Is there an easy way to just completely delete everything from ROON? And then perhaps with some help I can add back the music on my HDD properly…
Thanks again for the help,
Bob

Hey @Bob_Hill,

I am very sorry you received no reply from us for this long… :pensive: . Please, accept my sincere apologies.

I was hoping to ask for an update from your end, so we can make the best suggestions moving forward :nerd_face:

Hi Rebeka,

Thanks for following up. To be honest I kind of gave up and started over. I figured that it was going to be hard to re-create what I’d done since I couldn’t remember exactly and obviously it wasn’t a common problem. So I just deleted all my libraries and playlists, uninstalled the Roon server, and started over.

Everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks, Bob

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.