Duplicate Composers/Lyricists in Classical Lieder

Hi everyone,

I’ve discussed this with the team and we think we have an idea of what’s going on here. I’ve passed a ticket for the team to continue investigating this. We are always looking to improve the display of metadata in Roon so the feedback is much appreciated!

2 Likes

Thanks @dylan for looking into this.

I don’t know if this helps, but one more piece of the puzzle. When I do a search on “Goethe” he comes up as a Composer:

But when I go to his page he only has “Production” credits. What this means is that what I am doing to stop the duplicates on the album pages (I delete the “Text” credit) is having the unwanted effect of eliminating Goethe albums from this search. It looks odd for sure to see these albums under “Production” but I would rather have this search option than nothing at all.

@dylan Pleased to hear that you are taking this issues serious. Attached another example. This problem is not just for Lieder, also baroque oratorios etc show wrongly assigned lyricists as composer, as you will see below for Purcell’s Ode to Saint Cecilia.

That is an interesting screenshot as you also have a triplicate I get a lot.

1. Gabrieli Consort
  2. Gabrieli Players
  3. Gabrieli Consort & Players

Is this also caused by aggregating metadata from two different sources?

This is a particularly annoying one because it is not possible just to assume that 3) is correct and delete the other two. The Gabrieli Consort will sing with other instrumental groups and the Gabrieli Players will accompany other singers. So it has to be checked.

1 Like

Thanks @Tony_Casey, forgot to mention that. Its a very common issue for me as well.

NB: just checked my tags, I think it is taking my tags of Ensemble (Gabrieli Players) and Chorus (Gabrieli Consort) and combines this with Roons metadata (Gabrieli Consort & Players).

@dylan,

any update in this nagging issue? 6 weeks passed. No news? When will this be fixed?

@mike

Is there any recognition that this is an issue that this needs some attention and fixing? Inacrolled thru rhis Bug-Report initiated by @Tony_Casey in March 2020 and did not find any indication that this is being investigated.

Thanks for letting us know.