During playlist export version other than "Primary" included

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini/Roon Version 1.7(Build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ATT9vts29Z Ethernet connected

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Multiple devices through Airplay

Description Of Issue

How do I configure albums in a playlist so that I can consistently export the correct version?

Background:

• My library includes ALAC from iTunes (Apple Music), FLAC ripped by a Naim Uniti Core, as well as downloaded hi-res FLAC stored on my Mac and on the Uniti Core
  • I mark any albums on the Uniti Core as the “Primary” version
  • I build playlists for albums on the Uniti Core so I can export to a 128GB memory stick (to run in my car)
  • My first playlist exported correctly, but it was limited to hi-res downloads (again, both in the Uniti Core and on my Mac)

Problem:

• My second playlist did not rip correctly, including some albums from iTunes (ALAC) that won’t play in my car
  • The only symptom that seems to relate to including the wrong version is that albums are marked as Favorite

Hello @Lee_Perlov, when you export a playlist, the tracks and albums that make up the playlist should be the items that are exported. If the versions of the tracks in the playlist aren’t what you want to export, you can update the playlist to contain the correct versions, and then it should work for you.

So, specifically:

• Album by album I make the desired version “Primary”
  • An album version being a Favorite does not impact the export
  • I do not need to Remove From Duplicates the other album versions
    I should then export the correct versions
1 Like

I’ve now got a process that consistently exports the FLAC versions of albums in my playlist to my USB Flash drive:
1. Separate ALAC version from FLAC using “Remove from duplicate”
- Roon then displays 2 albums
2. Mark FLAC album “primary”
3. Optionally, mark FLAC “Favorite”
4. Mark, ALAC album “banned”
5. Verify FLAC version added to playlist
* Select a track, then “Go To
6. Remove ALAC (m4a) files from USB drive
7. Remove redundant album files (caused by multiple versions of albums in library)
8. Export playlist

I’d love suggestions for making this simpler.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.