Dutch & Dutch 8c: pre-Roon Ready thread

On my quest to find a good sounding hifi-set for our recently bought home with 5,5 x 10m living room, and having tried several components to complement or replace our existing 4 piece Naim With Dynaudio Contour 20 set, my local dealer recommended me to contact Martijn Mensink and try the Dutch & Dutch 8c. As Martijn is originally from the city where we live, an appointment was easily made. Martijn installed and measured a bk/bk 8c demo-set in our living room to try them. Although our living room needs (heavy) room treatment because of it’s 1.3 seconds reverberation time, we were immediately impressed. After a few days I contacted my dealer to order a set and an appointment was made for Martijn to deliver and help me to setup the 8c’s. Martijn’s visits were very pleasant! He explained the technique of the D&D’s and also gave me insight in the current developments.

The D&D team is working on a new platform called Ascend to replace Lanspeaker. I was given the opportunity to become beta-tester and have worked with the latest beta-version (1.5.41) on the demo-set for two days and will be given the latest beta for my own speaker next week. Ascend is a big step forward compared to Lanspeaker and has full Roon implementation. Before the official release, some of the Lanspeaker functionality (e.g. EQ) has yet to be moved. As D&D has chosen for a completely new platform, with more functionality to come, Martijn couldn’t give a release date at the moment, but the team is working hard to release it as soon as possible.

As ‘connection box’ (Spotify, Airplay, Bluetooth, Toslink in) I use a Yamaha WXC-50 with Neutrik NADITBNC MX adapter to digitally feed the 8c’s.

14 Likes