Dutch & Dutch 8c: firmware v2.0

:grin:

Before you make me slip up again and disclose stuff I really shouldn’t, let’s keep the focus on the current release for now. Let’s celebrate firmware v2.0 and the 8c’s finally becoming Roon-Ready!

It’s hard to overstate how big of a milestone the current release is for Dutch & Dutch. At that time, we summarized our initial vision for the 8c we as follows:

• Accurate
  • Adaptive
  • All-in-One

Accurate and Adaptive - we’ve basically had that covered since the 8c was first released. But finally, the 8c’s have their own native app called Ascend, and you can stream to them directly using Roon. These were the missing pieces. Firmware v2.0 is here. It’s time to Ascend.

Now that the 8c’s are Roon Ready, I’ll finally dare show my face a bit more frequently on the Roon forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Looking back, looking forward
It’s the end of the year, and it’s the end of a crucial phase in the evolution of Dutch & Dutch. The evolution of our team, of the 8c, and of the value we can offer you. It’s a time to look back on how Dutch & Dutch got to where we are now, and I’d like to share our continuously evolving vision for the future. It’s my aim to do that in a series of posts over the next couple of weeks, or [disclaimer]maybe it will take a bit longer[/disclaimer].

First, I’d like to share my personal experiences during the founding of Dutch & Dutch. At that time, a series of unfortunate events had collided with some unaddressed flaws in my character, which had sent me on a downward spiral. When I was at my darkest hour the opportunity presented itself for me to join this group of brilliant, young individuals with varied skill-sets and a big dream. They were both naive and ambitious enough to believe they could change the world, and they wanted me to join them.

It was as if I had been given a second chance. I felt so excited, but scared at the same time: did I have what it would take to keep up with these guys? As it turned out, I have indeed had to seriously step up my game and grow the hell up. But the challenge of earning my place at this table was exactly what I needed. Dutch & Dutch is the greatest adventure of my life and I’ll be forever grateful for being a part of this team.

In these posts, I’d like to explain to you some of the smart and not-so-smart choices we’ve made. I’d like to give you insight into some of the mistakes we’ve made, go into some things we did right, and I’d like to share with you some of the lessons we’ve learned along the way.

Finally, I’d like to give you a sense of the direction we intend to take the company in the future, how we aim to continue to evolve the 8c, and what all that will mean for you. We’re a little less young, a little less naive, but still dreaming big.

24 Likes