Dutch & Dutch 8c: firmware v2.0

I believe you can see the release notes in RMS. I am not at home to check.

It says:

2.0.6 patches a compatibility issue for quality control.

So are you supposed to use rms or ascend to update now? I used ascend ……

That’s a good question. RMS is separate from Lanspeaker so is still available. I was going to use it to look at the release information.

@martijn_mensink

Will room eq wizard be working with 2.0 any time soon?

1 Like

I’ve learned the hard way not to make promises about these kinds of things. What I can tell you though, is that our developers currently have two priorities.

1. Release 2.0 has now been downloaded and installed by many 8c users. We’ve received lots of positive feedback, but some people have run into issues that haven’t been picked up in our testing process. Nothing too serious, but we’ve decided to prioritize dealing with these bugs. This will make for a smoother overall user experience and improved robustness and reliability.
  2. REW integration into Ascend.
5 Likes

I get teething issues but this seems like a step backwards. I can’t upgrade to the new software and run calibration. Hope they get this resolved soon.

Hadn’t seen it posted already, but the Ascend Control app is now available in the App Store for iPhone/iPad users.

4 Likes

Would be great if the bugs could be ironed out around automatically disconnecting streaming and the volume issues around that where sometimes the volume doesnt revert to the last used volume of the low gain/hi gain inputs

could it be that the AES terminator needs to be removed when streaming from Roon direct to 8C’s ?

I have tried…issue still the same.

I left mine connected and don’t have this issue, but you can try it.

Also, I see that you are using Roon to do the sample rate conversion. Maybe try leaving that to the 8c’s to see if that makes a difference?

Perhaps try switching your L and R speakers in Ascend. If the issue remains in the same speaker, then that would seem to point to it being an issue specific to that to that unit, rather than something further upstream.

This is beginning to sound like a hardware or firmware issue. I would raise this with D&D support to see if they can suggest a way to resolve it.

It may also be worthwhile swapping the Ethernet cables between the two speakers to see if there may be a faulty cable. Or try plugging the Ethernet cable into a different port in your network switch. If neither of these make a difference, then you need to contact D&D. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Sorry about the question, is there any load speaker protections delivered with 8cs? I am afraid of kids could put their little fingers on fragile boomer membrane or tweeter… what do you think?

1 Like

Kids and non metal grill speakers seldom bode well. open ports also are an attractive place to deposit lego and other small kids items…never to be seen again and only hear later - speaking from experience of course.

1 Like

Firmware 2.0.12 out now

1 Like

Did we jump straight from .06 to .12?

1 Like

Has anyone else found that after every Roon software update they have to power cycle the 8Cs to get them to appear in Roon? Other devices do not require a power cycle.

Mine show up without a power cycle, or they did when I updated Roon just now.

You just have close your remote devise and reopen the app, they’ll reappear then.