Generic PC, I9-9900K, 32GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NA

Connected Audio Devices

NA

Number of Tracks in Library

200K tracks

Description of Issue

This is the first of many bug reports I can offer. I am a lifetime subscriber with a large library of mostly commercial recordings loaded into iTunes. I am in the process of cleaning up the import: identifying unidentified albums, sewing together broken up albums and box sets, etc. It’s a huge job, but it’s made needlessly difficult by bugs in Roon that I would like to request you fix.

For this one, I am finding that Roon sometimes has automatically identified an imported album, but in many cases has not. When I identify it manually, the very first album on the suggestion list is a perfect match. I select it and the album is identified! Why did I have to do this manually? I am glad to find it easily but this is something that the software seems to do sometimes so it looks like a bug that it is failing so frequently.

Please let me know if you need more information to reproduce this.

Thank you.

• Ken

Examples would help, “it’s broken” doesn’t allow for investigation.

Here is an example. It happens so frequently that I didn’t think one would be necessary.

May happen to you frequently but not necessarily to others. I presume you have already forced a rescan of your files in roon?

I’ve done rescan on particular albums but not on the whole library. Why should I do that? I would be cautious about doing something that might undo all the work I’ve done merging and fixing problems. Is this a known problem with an official recommendation from Roon? Many thanks for your help!

Hi @Ken_Schwarz,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this, we’d be happy to help. It appears that there were enough differences in your tags and Roon’s metadata that our software had low confidence in triggering automatic identification. This is normal behavior and not indicative of a bug.

The method that you used here to identify the album is correct. It looks like you’re all set!
If you have other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re happy to help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.