Easy way to remove a track from playlist while playing

From the “what was I thinking?” department, it would be nice if the three dot menu on the now playing display had a “remove from currently playing playlist” option.

Or is there already an easy way to accomplish this?

3 Likes

That would be a great feature. +1

1 Like

Go to the queue, press the three dots and select Remove From Queue.

That doesn’t remove it from the playlist, though, does it?

1 Like

Then edit the playlist if you want to permanently remove the track.

Well, I was looking for an easier way.

For example, I have a playlist of about 2500 favorite tracks that I put on sometimes and let it play for days.

Something pops up that I added years ago that I’m no longer interested in.

To remove it, I have to close now playing, open the main menu, click on playlists, find the playlist, open it, sort it by title, scroll though the list, find the track, bring up the options, remove it, and open now playing back up again.

If I cold click the three dots and click remove from playlist ( similar to add to playlist that’s there now) it would be a lot easier.

Thus the suggestion for an “easy” way.

6 Likes

Have to agree with this! Sometimes I am browsing new albums and listening to them. I like the album so I just hit the add album option to a playlist. Then one song I hear is annoying so I want to quickly remove it from my playlist.

What I have to do now is go to the playlist, scroll all the way to the bottom, find the track, right click it, remove and then hit confirmation. Its really a hassle. Why not just add an option so I can remove from a playlist from the album screen just as easily as I can add to playlist?

2 Likes

Still looking for this feature guys.

2 Likes

Another example of ridiculous inconsistency from roon - click the 3 dots for a track on the now playing screen you get one pop up, click it on the playlist screen you get a different pop up. Removing a song from a playlist is a long winded and awkward procedure for no reason other than sloppy carelessness on the part of roon.

Here’s a poem i just wrote:

When using roon, its so damn hard, to organise your tune(s)
You’d swear that all their UX guys are working from the moon
I might develop my own app to better that of roon
i’ll make it better from day 1 by hiring a buffoon