2022 Mac Mini

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TPLink Mesh

Connected Audio Devices

System 1: USB from MAc Mini to ARES II DAC
System 2: WIfi to Auralic Aries then USB to RME ADI2 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I group system 1 and 2 using Roon there is delay resulting in an echo between the respective rooms they are in. Why? I thought the idea of syncing them was that they would play in unison. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

I do not know a specific setting. You can try and connect the Aries to LAN and test if it is the same echo. I used 2 endpoints in the same room (LAN), I’m sure there was unsync between them but no major delay.

Edit: the mini is on wifi also?

@Bruce_Barbour, have you tried the “Zone grouping delay” setting in Device Setup → Show advanced for either or both of your endpoints? I’m not sure if you have a sync issue when you start to group the zones or if the zones slowly drift out of synchronization over time, but the grouping delay may help. Alternately, you may want to ungroup your zones, play to each zone individually, then re-group which may reset the synchronization between the zones.

2 Likes

Hey @Bruce_Barbour,

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into sync issues here? Both @Traian_Boldea and @Robert_F have steered you in the right directions for next steps in troubleshooting.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.