ECM in Tidal is available now (now available in Roon)

I’m finding if I ever bookmarked an album (Craig Taborn, Avenging Angel) or searched for it (Gary Peacock Trio) I can’t listen to it. But if I haven’t either (Tomasz Stanko) it plays. ECM was maybe my favorite label missing from TIDAL so this is great news.

You do good work Roon, thank you very much :slight_smile: - Brahem’s “Barzakh” and meny meny other ECM albums are available now !

Wow! This is really incredible. I’d given up on this ever happening.

I’ve got a lot of listening to do.

1 Like

super excited to hear that ECM is now in Tidal. Just walked through my ECM vinyl collection to see what‘s available and one of my favorite is.
Egberto Gismonti - Dança Das Cabeças

and guess what, it‘s in MQA. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

No luck with the re-login cycle.

It seems strange that some people have access in Roon but not others, but maybe Ireland is just down the list from Germany and the U.K.

.sjb

I’m getting The Astounding Eyes of Rita in Roon but not the MQA version. I do see an MQA verison of Souvenance though.

We are seeing some cases where cached data is taking longer than we expected to get flushed out of the system.

We have been monitoring this guys, and we’re confident that all the ECM releases TIDAL has available should work where they’re supposed to soon.

For now, here’s a workaround:

• Find the album in TIDAL’s app or website
  • Unstar it
  • In Roon, go to Settings > Services > TIDAL > Edit, click “Sync Library Now”
  • Wait for the album to disappear from your library
  • In the TIDAL app or website, star it again
  • In Roon, click “Sync Library Now” again

Annoying, but we think it should work in most cases. Flag me if you’re seeing otherwise guys.

Everyone’s patience is appreciated! :heart:

4 Likes

That workaround worked! Listening to the Gary Peacock Trio play Gloria’s Step right now.

1 Like

YES it works, Thanks

Worked here too.
More titles do seem to be flushing through, once I unstarred in Tidal the albums were available in Roon/Tidal.

.sjb

That’s works well, thanks

.sjb

Hi. Great. Seems that the amount of available albums is increasing still. Yesterday it where about 450 or so when I am remembering correctly.

1 Like

ECM finally on Tidal is fantastic. There is however a huge drawback. It seems that ECM has included an audio watermark in every album. Have you notised that the sound «shakes and shimmers» a bit? That´s the watermark. (Google it) It´s not super apparent in every song, but for me it´s very annoying. Almost unlistenable. One example is Serenity by Bobo Stenson Trio. Try the second song and listen to the long piano chords. Sounds like a shaky lesly effecy.

Seems like an odd decision for a company whose reputation is founded on exemplary recording quality to allow deliberately bad versions into the wild. Especially as the number of new users being introduced to the label is going to go through the roof.

I listened to the track, and while I can’t confess to be a piano expert, I didn’t hear anything wrong. Are you sure that isn’t a prepared piano or something similar?

This is a huge news to me and I would subscribe to both Tidal and Room just because of this.

By the way this Aaron Parks album is sublime.

Lots to read in this thread. Why are ECM albums still showing up as unavailable after I see them as imported into Roon?

No I haven’t noticed.

I listen to very resolving headpones, the Audeze LCDi4 from a Chord Hugo, and the noise from audio watermark is pretty obviuous to me. I did a comparison between an an album I´ve downloaded and Tidal and I´m sure about the diffrense. Check out Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin album Stoa and the song Modul 35. The triangle in the beginning should be total clean, but it´s not in the Tidal version. There´s a noise that bothers me a lot…

ECM on Tidal is great news, but I too was disappointed to find at least some of the newly available albums watermarked. Here are two:

This seems to be a problem with every label distributed by Universal Music. It’s hard to imagine that the musicians, engineers and producers who created these albums could be happy about having their work distributed this way.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t know indeed…
I’m listening: CD (ECM 1939, B0005977-02 US 2006) vs Tidal.
Sounds exactly the same on my boxes.