Edit artist or album [review] description

Is it possible in Roon 1.1 to edit the artist or album description? I thought that I had read that it was, but I can’t seem to find out how to do it. Thanks!

1 Like

Have a look in album editor…it’s there.

Thanks for reply Nick, but I don’t see it there, and it’s not in the screenshot you posted either. To be clear, I’m not talking about the album title but the description/review.

You cannot edit the review at this time as far as I know.

Sorry…didn’t realise you meant artist bio or album review. Pretty sure they are not included in edit scope.

they are not editable in this build, but i dont think you will have to wait long for them to be editable.

3 Likes

How can we submit that an artist description is there? Using TIDAL and Roon my artist is there but no description is there.

This is still high on my priority list though not yet featured with Roon 1.3. @danny suggested above in August 2015 that it wouldn’t be long until reviews would be editable - though it’s been 2 1/2 years since then, which is quite long :smiley:

Would be great to have editable reviews, or the ability to add reviews where there are none. It would be great also if there would be scope for having more than 1 review - not all in the same long review window but perhaps some ability to look at different reviews.

+1, I absolutely agree!

Make that 1,5 years. Slightly less dramatic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1
will go with lifetime subscription soon. I don’t understand why it is not possible to edit artist and album description. This is a must have for me to add notes and add description for artist and album where there are none. Not sure to understand what the roadblock is here…hope to see this in the next release very soon

2 Likes

Any comment from @joel or others?

Hey there,

Im new to Roon, and thanks for enlightening me on my question related to “editing Artists descritption” i was also looking for that.
Sad enough to find out its not editable. Any News on future plans to that? at least using the id3 Tag field for “comment” if there is no descritption within roon database (as a workaround) ? :slight_smile:

regards
Andy

3 Likes

+1 for being able to add my own artist bio or album review if there isn’t one found by Roon. I have a lot of albums by Australian artists in my collection and Room doesn’t get these details for many of them.

Not sure I’d want to be able to edit the artist bios and album reviews Roon comes up with.

I would like to be able to add my own notes about albums and artists, even when Roon has found a bio or review.

1 Like

Agree.
A PDF works for local content, but not for Tidal since there is no way to associate the file other than folder location.

How does a PDF work for local content? Are you saying I can place an album review or artist bio somewhere as a PDF file and Roon will find it? If so, how?

Nope you cannot. You cannot edit the existing reviews either, nor add your own. Many are keen to be able to add & edit reviews and I had first requested this round 3 years ago :smile: keen to hear from the devs re this, and hoping it will be a feature with the forthcoming “UI overhaul” update!

1 Like

Yes you can. Roon gallery

Well, that’s for liner notes. We were talking about album reviews which appear in the main body of the window.

Thanks @BrianW I hadn’t found that. Liner notes is something else I was wanting to be able to do.

Is there a recommended naming scheme for the PDF(s) and image files?

Is there a recommended image size (e.g. 1000 x 1000) for the images?