Edit Playlist of Qobuz/Tidal

Searched “Feature Requests” and didn’t see this one.

I would like to be able to add or delete items in Tidal playlists from Roon.

While I have some locally stored music, most of what I listen to is from Tidal. I like Roon because I can play my local music, some of which isn’t available on Tidal, and still can use Tidal from Roon to get to a very diverse set of music.

Right now, I have to update my playlists in Tidal and wait for a long period of time for them to show up in Roon. Really, I want to use Roon as a Tidal front end, which would mean (1) faster updates Tidal => Roon and (2) edits for Tidal playlists returning from Roon to Tidal. When I am mobile, I just use Tidal on my iPhone—I only use Roon at home.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Thats a feature I´ll also want .

1 Like

is this feature implemented? cant find, very important i think… you search music in roon and can not edit the playlists in tidal

2 Likes

or is there a workaround?

I wanted to bump this thread, it continues to be a barrier to me using Roon more fully for Tidal. I described in this thread that Roon already has different “types” of playlists – a Roon playlist and a Tidal Playlist. Tidal Playlists should be editable back to Tidal (just like hearts in Roon go back to Favorites in Tidal).

There is a Tidal section in Roon. There is a My Favorites section in Tidal area. I am suggesting one solution is to add a My Playlists in that area and from there be able to EDIT the Tidal playlists.

There is no technical reason to not have editable Tidal playlists, Roon is just considering how to have a cohesive user experience, so this is my suggestion.

As a work around, I have some Roon copies of playlists that I can edit and then the existing original Tidal playlist and instantly they are out of sync. When using Tidal mobile, I add to the Tidal playlist. When listening to the Roon version, I delete songs that no longer fit the playlist (or I am tired of hearing) but that song still plays on the Tidal version of the playlist.

Thanks,
Rob.

Frustrated Tidal Playlist User here.

Have a slow night jazz playlist humming along, suddenly a massive fusion guitar solo breaks out, loudly! No problem to skip the song, but to fix it…

Have to open Tidal, navigate to my collection, then my playlists, then scroll and search to find my playlist. Then scroll within the playlist to find the song, hit the three dots, scroll more to find the delete menu choice.

Wouldn’t it be so much easier to hit the three dots in Roon and select a menu choice that says Remove from Tidal Playlist?

Ok, now when I am on a song in a Tidal Playlist (in Roon), there IS a menu to Remove From Playlist. So I tried it and forced a sync to Tidal.

Now my Roon version of playlist has 52 songs and the original Tidal still has 53, so it appears the track deletion did not sync to Tidal. If that’s the case I don’t think this menu choice should show on Tidal type playlists in Roon (bug).

Then in Tidal I made another change to the playlist and synced and the deleted song was restored to the Roon playlist, showing the unfortunate but expected behavior that it is a one way publish (not a true sync) from Tidal to Roon.

So my feature request above remains, but with a potential bug existing on the three dot menu.

Guys, my ultimate goal is to use only one platform for listening music. This would be Roon. But unfortunately as long as Roon is not supported as a mobile solution (while on the road), I am forced to use an alternative streaming client app such as Qobuz/Tidal. It’s not what I really want to do, but I have no choice. This means also: Redundant management of Playlists! This is not fun… no, it’s a real pain! So please dear Roon team: Make it possible to edit my Qobuz/Tidal playlist within Roon. For example: Allow me to add Qobuz songs from my existing Roon Playlist to a Qobuz Playlist.

13 Likes

Yes please. I second Alex.

This is my second most important wishlist feature, after Roon mobile.

1 Like

Same for me.

1 Like

This plus other threads. Completely agree!

4 Likes

I agree - Lightning DS can manage it for Auralic!

1 Like

Yes - please implement this. It is the main impediment to my buying a lifetime subscription.

2 Likes

Yes. I really wants to SYNC my Tidal, Qobuz with Roon. Thank you

1 Like

I’ve given up with Roon playlists and edit only in Qobuz or Tidal apps and allow them to sync to Roon.

I’m tired of investing time in Roon playlists, tags, etc. only to lose it all when the db goes sideways and must be rebuilt from scratch (about once a year in my experience) or rebuilt to remove the bloat of images left over from deleted albums.

2 Likes

Any news for that request?

1 Like

Hi,

I am on a Roon trial and I’m seriously surprised that this functionality isn’t there. When I was reading about integration of Roon and Tidal I got it for granted that I will be able to synchronize playlists and likes of these two. It really doesn’t make sense for me that it can’t be done. I’d like to say that Roon is great but it isn’t unfortunately…

1 Like

+1
Totally agreed

Ant news on that request ?

1 Like

I second that? Please say something!