Elac Discovery analog outputs

I have bought elac discovery week ago as core for Roon essential. Works great but unfortunately only digital section of outputs works… I am sure line outputs would work better there is no signal… Tried factory reset couple times still nothing. Does anybody knows how to resolve this issue ?

are you sure that you have enabled the analog outputs under ‘settings/audio/Roon Ready’?

if yes, check the device set up and if you have fixed volume/device volume set. when device volume you may have to turn up the volume of the discovery via the app.

Thank you for response! Both suggested actions are done and still no signal only coaxial and optical working. I think I may visit shop with device …

I´m having the absolute same issue here. Could it be possible I may have purchased the device you returned?
Could your problem be fixed meanwhile? Was it a faulty device or a user error?

Since I am new to the Roon platform I am somewhat hesitant to return the device just to learn I was too dumb to operate it…

Which model did you buy exactly? There is a bridge and a server and they are lookalikes.

ELAC Discovery DS-S101-G Server incl. RoonEssential Core
Sorry, didn´t mention this at once since I figured the original post was about this same device.

I have two of them running as Roon endpoints using analog out.
Will run them in Essential configuration and come back to you tomorrow

Oh Great! Thanks!

BTW: I have read “rumours” about it being able to run this device as endpoint. It´s good news to read this is actually possible :slight_smile:
I might consider doing that in some future in case I´m really excited enough about the Roon thing and migrate to a fully licensed Roon Core on one of my older MacMinis…
But more about that … next time (after I have some audio …)

I took screenshots from my iPhone that runs Roon Essentials Remote. Had to power-cycle the Elac to get Roon Essentials going. Here is a set of relevant screen shots from the audio settings page.

You need to enable the Analog 1 and/or analog 2 to have a signal. If the outputs are not listed on the page, a defective unit is a consideration. Short of that, try the factory reset via Roon Essentials Remote.

Yes, I have followed the procedure as shown in your screenshots in the same way. Repeatedly. With and without factory resets in between.
(well, there seems to an issue with the Discovery Server´s outputs sometimes not being listed in the “Audio” Menu - restarting the Essentials Remote App on my iPad cures that)
Alas, no audio on the analogue outputs.
Thank you very much for your detailed information! I am now confident that my unit is faulty and have contacted the dealer.

Meanwhile my dealer sent me a replacement unit - now I have Music on the analogue outputs.
Hey - thanks a lot for your generous help and loads of supportive information!

Interestingly this unit came with a different SW build version right out of the box, here´s an excerpt from it diagnostic info I could pull from it:

IMAGE_PLATFORM=imx6v2-linux
IMAGE_MODEL=elac1
OS_VER_MAJOR=1
OS_VER_MINOR=3
OS_VER_BUILD=28
OS_VER_MACH=100300028
OS_BRANCH=stable
OS_VER_DISPLAY=1.3 (build 28) stable
DEVICE_VENDOR=Elac
DEVICE_MODEL=Elac Discovery DS-S101-G
IMAGE_TIMESTAMP=20180403122325

BTW: I could not pull such info from the seemingly faulty device, that one identified itself as Version 1.0 ( I forgot the build no.) and did two FW updates on initial power-up … the new one seemingly didn´t need to do that. Strange …

2 Likes