Elac Discovery DS-S101-G initial setup with iMac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Elac Discovery DS-S101-G with Roon Essentials Firmware 1.3 (build6)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Router TP Link model TL-SG1008D 8 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

WiFi Netgear Orbi AC3000 Mesh Wi fi system

iMac OS Catalina Version 10.15.4

Remote Samasung S10e

Storage 2TB Seagate drive with FLAC files (17,000 tracks)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Analogue 1 Out to Bryston Pre Amp

Description Of Issue

I have just purchased this Elac Discovery and encountered some set up issues.

1.The Roon Essentials account was set up successfully but could not finish the set up of the Elac device because it required a storage for the Backup of the Library. I have an iMac on this Ethernet network which should be able to store this Backup data but have not been able to connect the iMac to the Elac Discovery. I followed the instructions for turning off the Firewall on the iMac but still no luck. I have also typed in the IP address for the Discovery in the Roon App setup menu but still no connection.

I also tried configuring the Roon OS from the Remote App but could not find anything during the Search for Devices.

2.Without the iMac connected I cannot import my iTunes library or continue the setup because there is not enough music in the system. When I add a Hard Drive with 17000 tracks the Library updated but then I could not play anything from Tidal because the Backup Storage had to be nominated. Hard Drive now removed until setup os completed with iMac successfully.

Thanks,

Chris

[format of paragraph edited by Moderator]

Hello @Chris_Schey,

Welcome to the forum. Roon Essentials and Roon are different products, and Essentials customers are entitled to direct support from Elac.

While we’re happy for both products to be discussed on Community, for support you will definitely want to contact Elac directly for any questions about Roon Essentials.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.