Emails stopping playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell XPS i7 500GB SSD Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi 100+ mbps

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i wifi (Bluesound is Ethernet to router)

Description Of Issue

Everytime I get an email Roon playback stops

Do you have the Dell wired or WiFi to the router? Can you specify more information for your network router?

The Dell doesn’t have an ethernet port so is wifi. I have BT fibre to the house (BT Smart Hub 2) and a BT disc in the room with the laptop with consistent speeds of 110-140 MBPS and I only have 3 devices on this wifi disc. Thanks

I would have to suggest that WiFi from the Dell to your router is the culprit here. If Roon is controlling and playing correctly until an email comes through, using up some of the wireless signal capacity, then it makes sense to me.

Roon is a heavy Network user. Wireless does work in some situations if the Router/Setup is strong enough but Ethernet to the core machine is recommended.

Assuming the Dell XPS is a laptop would it be possible to get an Ethernet adapter to try out and see if that helps with the issue?

BTW, welcome to the community.

Hi @Simon_Tippett,

Does a notification play when you receive an email?

Can you share a screenshot of the current Signal Path when playing to the Bluesound?

I have separate routers in each study as I am a heavy internet user so can set it up so the Dell is the only thing on that particular router. Just run task manager and when Roon is running its only using 2-3 Mbps

. I’ve added screenshots of wifi speed and usage.

Thanks for you help

Hi…Thanks both for all being very helpful, I’m sure its user error, I’ve only just signed up. I didn’t hear a notification play but there was a pop up. I think this is the Signal Path but let me know if it isn’t…Thanks

Hello @Simon_Tippett, do you see this issue when playing to system output of the core? What about the output of your phone? Lastly, I would recommend trying an Ethernet connection as noted in our networking best practices. Do you have another device you could use as a core temporarily that also has an Ethernet port?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.