Empty window when trying to match album

Roon Core Machine

UnRaid Docker

Connected Audio Devices

Apple TV’s, iPad, iPhone, Mac OS all latest version

Library Size

27,000 local tracks. Linked to Tidal, but no albums/tracks saved in it.

Description of Issue

Of over 5000 albums I attempted to match with Roon, this very specific album gives a weird error. I’m not sure if the fact that it is classical is part of it, but I cannot complete the match process.

I type the artist and album “Nigel Kennedy” and “Violin Concerto.” It finds the album, when I click the result, it pops up a white/blank screen. I can never get to the point where I “accept the match.”

Screen Recording 2021-07-25 at 2.54.17 PM.2021-07-25 14_58_21

Hello @WWLAladdinSane,

I am so sorry that we missed on your post until today :sweat:

I was wondering, are things exactly the same since? If so and if you haven’t already tried this, could you please reboot your Core?

• quit roon
  • turn off the Core
  • unplug for a few minutes
  • plug back in
  • turn on the Core
  • launch Roon
  • reattempt the album identification

Thanks in advance :pray:

No worries @beka. My Core is a UnRaid docker container that reboots daily, so it’s been done several times :grinning:. I also tried using the Windows app and the same issue happened, so it is not tied to the Mac OS app.

1 Like

Hey @WWLAladdinSane,

Great to know! Thanks for sharing that.

Can you please upload just the album in question to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here? Please be sure to turn on “sharing by link”, instructions on how to do so for Dropbox can be found here and for Google Drive can be found here.

We’d love to test it out on our end as well :pray:

Here you go @beka: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1McbNH3o5jSV2ckFUjzWk-2zY5bnmDQGD/view?usp=sharing

FYI - Firefox Send was discontinued last year.

1 Like

Hey @WWLAladdinSane,

Thanks for the quick reply :pray:

I was able to reproduce the exact same behavior on my end. Please, allow me to get in touch with our technical team and see what the next steps would be.

Also, many thanks for the heads up on Firefox Send. We’ll stop recommending it :relieved:

Thanks for sending that along, @WWLAladdinSane — I just wanted to note that we’ve opened a ticket with our QA team to investigate this further. We’ll be in touch when we have more info.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @dylan. Good luck with the bug hunt.

1 Like