Enable USB Driver BETA causes Audio Device Error Audioquest Dragonfly Black

Roon Core Machine

ASRock Motherboard (Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC); Intel Core i7 8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz; 16GB RAM; running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is Ubiquiti Dream Machine - Switch is Netgear 16 Port; Roon connected using Ethernet (CAT 5e and 6) - not WiFi - No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

OnePlus 8t (Model KB2005) cell phone running Android version 12; 12GB RAM connected to Audioquest Dragonfly Black via AQ cable

Number of Tracks in Library

1824 Albums - don’t know how many tracks that is

Description of Issue

As soon as enable USB Drive Beta and press play I get “Audio Device Error” and no playback. If I disable it I get playback but it is bit depth and sample rate converted. I have removed and reinstalled ARC; restarted the phone and looked everywhere on the device for what is causing this. I am stumped!

Hi @Robert_Broder,

Thank you for the report. The team will investigate diagnostics from your account for a potential error. Stand by and we should have an update shortly.

Hello,

I’m having the exact same issue. Trying to connect a Pixel 6 with latest updates to a Nuforce Icon DAC. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using a USB-C to USB-A adapter at the phone. Works fine on the DAC with the Driver option unselected.

Thanks!