Encore mDSD stop playing any Music after 3-4 seconds

Hello,

http://www.encore-av.com/main/products/mdsd-detail

Been using this USB DAC in Linux ALSA environment with no issue, but it can’t working properly in all Windows 10 machine with Build 1709 with latest ROON build, host server running on ROCK Server, installed Windows Driver V1.10, all other USB DAC included Meridian Explorer 2 and AQ Dragonfly Black with no problem.

mDSD plugged into ROCK with ALSA = Working perfectly

mDSD plugged on Surface and Bridge Machine running Windows 10 Build 1709 with Driver 1.10 playing as System default sound device playing Youtube = Working Perfectly

mDSD plugged on Surface and Bridge Machine running Windows 10 Build 1709 with Driver 1.10 as Roon Endpoint will stop and halt in 3-4 seconds (any formats and sampling rate)playing and skipped to next songs, with message of problem with slow loading problem, performance problem warning in Orange (DSP OFF and Exclusive Mode On, no ASIO just WASAPI available)

these brief test concluded that mDSD windows driver have issue with Roon running in Windows Environment.

Remark: Just tested to switch off exclusive mode, it working normal without stoppage in Windows Environment.

Have you perhaps some info on the windows driver? Is it 32 or 64 bit driver? I seem to recall somewhere someone tried the 32bit Roon Bridge version instead of the 64bit version for something like this.

But I might be wrong. @support should be able to make some comments tho.

http://www.encore-av.com/main/download-driver

No Choice of Driver in 32-bit and 64-bit, but you reminded me the mDSD on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10 Build 1709 have same problem in Exclusive Mode

Hi @Cheung_Hon_Wah ----- Thank you for the report and more importantly, thank you for your patience!

Moving forward, I would like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can try to get a better sense as to why you are experiencing the mentioned behavior when using the mDSD DAC in “exclusive mode” under Windows 10 (i.e “stop and halt in 3-4 seconds”). With this in mind, may I very kindly ask you to please reproduce the following scenarios and note the times when the observations are made:

Time stamp #1: “mDSD windows driver have issue with Roon running in Windows Environment.”

Time stamp #2: “Just tested to switch off exclusive mode, it working normal without stoppage in Windows Environment.”

-Eric

Hi Eric, I just solved the problem by switch off Event Driven Mode under the Exclusive Mode, Thank You, the Event Driven Mode is the root cause of the problem!!