Endless time to show photos [Resolved]

Think my description of the misbehaviour should be clear.

I have 3 possibilties to remaote controle my nucleus Roon server

• iPad Air 2
  • iPhone SE 2nd Gen
  • Windows 10

All devices are completely up to date regarding OS (iOS and Windows) and Roon.

The behaviour only shows up on the iOS devices after testing everything. So feels like the iOS App is the issue.

Hi all, let’s try to be more descriptive about what “slow” means to you. I don’t doubt that there may have been a regression so I’d like to better understand what you’re experiencing.

In your replies, please include:

1. How long it takes images to load (use a timer) and on what screen
  2. Your location
  3. Your internet speed
  4. A screen recording would be super helpful!
1 Like
  1. Several minutes. Sometimes not at all, until I open the album.
  2. Norway
  3. 750 / 25
  4. Screenshot:

If I search for an artist (dos not matter who), like my example with screenshot above , some album cover shows up at once, some you have to wait several minutes for. It seems like this only affect albums from Tidal and Qoubuz (but then again, not all), albums that I have in my libary,stored on my own NAS is not affected by this problem as far as I can see. Never had this problem before, for me it started a few days ago. The problem is the same whether I use remote on iPad or windows 10 computer.

See also: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/album-artwork-in-search-very-slow-to-load-after-recent-update/167880

Time to load: varies between 30 up to “never”

Speeds: Wifi ( all remote devices) 250 MBit, Lan (Nucleus) 1 GBit, Internet 1GBit

Screen: see attached

Add images

Can be single like on the Photo or rows or areas in Overview or Albums. Can also be an issue showing all variants of the album.

1 Like
  1. The problem occurs essentially on every screen where images are shown. I just experienced it clicking on a Daily Mix — some images were available immediately, others were shown within 10-15 seconds, one after the other, others didn’t show until I closed the screen. The problem is common on discography lookup of artists or composers. I also find it gets better at certain times and worse at others. It is very variable.

2. I am in Colombia.

3. Internet speed 80/70.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem using control on my windows PC. You notice the lag in loading artwork immediately. My local library is fine, I’m seeing it with a Tidal subscription.

1. Slow and intermittent. I noticed the lag immediately, long enough to do a screen grab. Some artwork  doesn't complete at all
2. UK
3. 50 Mbps+
4. See the screenshot below for a typical example loading a discography from Tidal.

Here’s a screenshot:

2 Likes
  1. Most load instantly, but there are always some that take up to 30 seconds to load, occasionally there is a stubborn piece of artwork which stays grey, and will not open until you open the album page, at which point the artwork suddenly loads. Any screen with album artwork on it, ie playlists, search results.
  2. Scotland, UK
  3. 110 (artwork always loaded instantly before at this speed)

Regards

Alan

Yes me too, thought it might be Qobuz related but perhaps not…

Pretty much everywhere now, searches, discography and even compositions…

The same here on my iPad. Tried clearing the image cache just in case it needed a kick, but it is still having issues.

Even found some of the artists photos not showing up.

Tried resetting my wifi and no change.

Same here. iPad Air 2, Windows 10 on dedicated notebook for core (i5, 8gg, 512 SSD). Internet speed 500 megs in Brazil. Started a few days ago, but before then was fine with latest Roon updates, so probably not update related for me. Reset my network and reinstalled Roon app on iPad. No difference. Switching DNS to Google, Cloudflare, Quad9 also made no difference.

2 Likes

Hi All,
Still the same issue here. This is across all remotes, core seems to be fine.

1. Across all screens up to 20+ seconds to load art. Lots of random grey squares.

2. Location Ontario, Canada

3. Internet speed: up 500Mbps / down 16Mbps

4. New Releases screen shot

5. Daily mix screen shot

iPad remote
iPhone remote
W10 remote, currently wired
Core is a Mac Mini, wired connection.

Thanks,
Jay

I have the same problem after the last update.

I too had it. At least last Monday and Tuesday on my iPad Air 2. Completely shutting down the Roon app and restarting it helped, though.
Wasn’t home since then, but will check again tomorrow.

Same here, in Belgium on a 300/30 connection.
Issue occurs on all devices (iPad, Android phone and PC with wired connection)
Using Qobuz for streaming.

Edit: Uploaded a screen recording: Roon 2021 08 12 19 13 20 - YouTube

I’ve been experiencing this a lot too.

Hi all! Apologies for the hiccup – image loading should be back to normal now. :tada:

If you’re still experiencing problems, like images not loading at all or taking 5+ seconds to load, please let us know:

1. How long it takes images to load (use a timer) and on what screen
  2. Your location
  3. Your internet speed
3 Likes

Thanks, it seems to be in order now :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Generic album image

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.