Endpoint Connection Issues

ROON Core installed on NUCI5BEH connected via USB to RME ADI DAC. It works. Stream Box S2 Ultra is installed in another room and Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital connected over the network to the NUC. ROON Core doesn’t see them. What could be the problem?

Make sure the streamer has its Roon Ready option switched on. The manual should be able to tell you how.

The function is enabled.

This is not enough.

It should be a simple two step process. Enable Roon Ready on the streamer. This should make it visible but disabled in Roon: Settings: Audio. Enable it there and you should be good to go. The only caveat I can think of is the DAC may need to be plugged in to the streamer and powered on.

Hello @Aleksej_Bazhin, for the RME ADI DAC that’s connected via USB, the device is powered on when you try this, right? If you connect the Pro-Ject box via USB, does it work? I have that same box on my desk here and it’s working fine via USB. Do you see any errors when connecting these devices?

Yes, connected via USB works. But when you turn on the NUC and RME and turn on the tablet, you have to turn off and turn on WI FI every time on the tablet, otherwise there is no connection. I don’t know how to fix it. Already starting to annoy.

Hello @Aleksej_Bazhin, could you please reproduce what you mentioned in that last comment one more time and reply here with a timestamp (the date and time you encounter the issue) as well as your reproduction steps so I can run that by our device team?

Lastly, I’d like to know more about your network setup and what gear you have between the NUC and the tablet. This would include what router you’re using, any switches, etc. I’d also like to know what model tablet you’re using.

Tablet Samsung A7 + NUC 8I5BEH Between them on the network router **Keenetic Speedster https://keenetic.ru/ru/keenetic-speedster

|Device|Address|Segment|Connection|Limit||

|Galaxy-Tab-A7
via Speedster|192.168.1.70

|Home network

Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz|150 Mbps WPA2

11n/k/r/v 1x1 40 MHz|-||

|ROCK|192.168.1.69

Home network

On the wire|1000 Mbps

Port 2|-||

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.