Endpoint connectivity problems, Roon Radio playback stops when streaming from Qobuz

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

FIX this please. 3 times in 1 hour. Unacceptable!

edit: 4 times now.

Why is this not fixed yet?? It happens EVERY SINGLE DAY atleast 1 time or 2 times when I listen to Roon Radio playing Qobuz songs on Windows 11 PC. So now 4 times and i bet its not the last one today!
I thought listening to music was supposed to be a relaxing experience??

Hi, I’ve moved your post to the #support

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

The problem are not my devices but the Roon software, because all other music or moviestreaming including streaming from the Qobuz website is working fine on my network setup and Windows 11 PC.

Roon is more demanding of network resources than many other streaming services/applications.

As @Carl stated, without some information on your network setup, it’s impossible to offer any advice or assistance.

Ok thanks, I will first do a few tests I can think of soon to see if the issue is still there. You’ll hear from me later then if it is.

So this only happens with Roon Radio qobuz songs and not when I play a Qobuz album or playlist. So then it means it has nothing to do with my internetconnection, but with Roon Radio?

Do you mean that this only happens with Roon Radio playing Qobuz and not when playing Qobuz songs/playlists within Roon, or within the Qobuz App?

Playing music via Qobuz direct or playing Qobuz within Roon have different network demands.

This is why it’s important to have some information about your network configuration/setup to try to identify any network bottlenecks.

I’ve had (almost) zero issues with Roon playback on multiple endpoints, despite using a fair amount of DSP. I say almost as the only issue I have is with BBC Radio on some Sonos endpoints - I am convinced this is a Sonos issue and not a Roon issue. Anyhoo, the main reason I have few Roon issues is that I have a very well sorted network. Lots of bandwidth between core and network and all of my endpoints are cabled, nothing connected via Wi-Fi.

This only happens with Roon Radio playing Qobuz and not when playing Qobuz songs/playlists within Roon.
I also have enough bandwidt and cabled. And just one active wired PC and wifi enabled for phone and smarttv but I dont use anything at the same time while using Roon.

Could you describe your network layout including hardware?

ISP modem Experia Box v10 > router Asus RT-AC68U > Laptop Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 with SSD , AMD Radeon 5800H , Nvidia RTX 3070, Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller.

I understand that you say Roon has different network demands compared to other programs, but it does not make sense when a song stops playing and plays the next song with the same bitrate fine. And when I go back to the previous song again it stops playing again. So you can say the song is the problem, but that also does not make sense because it plays fine in Qobuz app. My quess is that not my setup or the song or Qobuz is the problem, but the Roon app is.

Is your Roon Core on your Windows 11 laptop or elsewhere? And does the laptop have a wired or wifi connection to your router? Thanks.

Core on Windows 11. Wired.

Hello @Penny,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using the template I added to your first post in this thread.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. This will provide us with a starting point for troubleshooting.

Also, please take a look at these recommendations for submitting issue reports. The more complete the report details, the quicker we can help find a solution. Thanks!

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Laptop Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 with 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon 5800H , Nvidia RTX 3070, Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ISP modem Experia Box v10 > router Asus RT-AC68U > wired to Laptop with Roon Core.

Connected Audio Devices

Receiver Denon X1600H HDMI connected with Laptop

Number of Tracks in Library

9598 tracks

Description of Issue

SOME 192khz Qobuz songs on Roon Radio start to stutter/crackle and then the song stops playing with the message that I have to check my connection. After that the next song will start to play.

Are you experiencing this issue on all of your endpoints? I see that you just mention the Denon X1600H as your endpoint, but presumably you can also use your laptop speakers as an endpoint. Can you test to see if the issue occurs when using these? Thanks.

I tested it with exclusive mode where the Denon handles it and I also tested it wit non-exclusive mode and then I put the Windows sound at 192khz @24bit. The issue is with both exclusive and non-exclusive.

On both endpoints - the Denon and the laptop speakers?

None-exclusive mode in Roon so that Windows handles the sound and then the Denon display shows multichannel while playing the sound through the connected speakers. This is the same principle as playing Roon with just the laptop speakers right?

Nope as there is an extra step involved. Just try the inbuilt speakers as a test.

I just tested a few 192khz songs in Roon Radio with only laptopspeakers and then the problem was also there after a few 192khz songs. 3 192khz songs in a row showed the issue as I type this.
So another option is to test is with the wifi instead of ethernet? Because maybe the ethernet port is not good.