Endpoint connectivity problems, Roon Radio playback stops when streaming from Qobuz

This only happens with Roon Radio playing Qobuz and not when playing Qobuz songs/playlists within Roon.
I also have enough bandwidt and cabled. And just one active wired PC and wifi enabled for phone and smarttv but I dont use anything at the same time while using Roon.

Could you describe your network layout including hardware?

ISP modem Experia Box v10 > router Asus RT-AC68U > Laptop Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 with SSD , AMD Radeon 5800H , Nvidia RTX 3070, Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller.

I understand that you say Roon has different network demands compared to other programs, but it does not make sense when a song stops playing and plays the next song with the same bitrate fine. And when I go back to the previous song again it stops playing again. So you can say the song is the problem, but that also does not make sense because it plays fine in Qobuz app. My quess is that not my setup or the song or Qobuz is the problem, but the Roon app is.

Is your Roon Core on your Windows 11 laptop or elsewhere? And does the laptop have a wired or wifi connection to your router? Thanks.

Core on Windows 11. Wired.

Hello @Penny,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using the template I added to your first post in this thread.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. This will provide us with a starting point for troubleshooting.

Also, please take a look at these recommendations for submitting issue reports. The more complete the report details, the quicker we can help find a solution. Thanks!

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Laptop Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 with 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon 5800H , Nvidia RTX 3070, Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ISP modem Experia Box v10 > router Asus RT-AC68U > wired to Laptop with Roon Core.

Connected Audio Devices

Receiver Denon X1600H HDMI connected with Laptop

Number of Tracks in Library

9598 tracks

Description of Issue

SOME 192khz Qobuz songs on Roon Radio start to stutter/crackle and then the song stops playing with the message that I have to check my connection. After that the next song will start to play.

Are you experiencing this issue on all of your endpoints? I see that you just mention the Denon X1600H as your endpoint, but presumably you can also use your laptop speakers as an endpoint. Can you test to see if the issue occurs when using these? Thanks.

I tested it with exclusive mode where the Denon handles it and I also tested it wit non-exclusive mode and then I put the Windows sound at 192khz @24bit. The issue is with both exclusive and non-exclusive.

On both endpoints - the Denon and the laptop speakers?

None-exclusive mode in Roon so that Windows handles the sound and then the Denon display shows multichannel while playing the sound through the connected speakers. This is the same principle as playing Roon with just the laptop speakers right?

Nope as there is an extra step involved. Just try the inbuilt speakers as a test.

I just tested a few 192khz songs in Roon Radio with only laptopspeakers and then the problem was also there after a few 192khz songs. 3 192khz songs in a row showed the issue as I type this.
So another option is to test is with the wifi instead of ethernet? Because maybe the ethernet port is not good.

Always worth trying any option that occursf to you.

The issue is also there on WIFI. So what now?

There is no response here anymore, so I assume a fix is in the works?

I’m not Roon staff, so I couldn’t comment. I see that you have replied with your details to @jamie - so I assume that your issue is in the system for diagnosis.

You mention the issue occurs with playback of Qobuz tracks at 192kHz - do you have any local 192kHz tracks? If so, does the issue also occur with these?

My suspicion is that there is a networking issue lurking in your setup that is causing these problems. The Support team will be able to pull logs from your system to check on this.

If indeed the issue is only occurring with Qobuz tracks @ 192kHz, then a temporary workaround while Support investigate further would be to lower the Qobuz streaming rate by going to Settings > Services > Qobuz and adjusting the streaming quality there:

Edit: an afterthought - what is the speed of your internet connection?

1 Like

It only happens with Roon Radio Qobuz 192khz songs or album, it does not occur on my local 192khz files.
I already tried to lower the Qobuz streaming rate as a temporary solution but the setting did not apply, even after restart, because still there were playing 192khz songs on roon radio. So that is a second weird thing.
Internet speed is a stable 94 Mbps.
Tell me how and what log to send please.

The Support team should be able to pull the logs from your Core themselves. If there’s a problem, then they will ask you to send them. Let’s wait for their response.

1 Like

But then it would say in the logfile that I have connectivity problems like the message that pops up when the song stops playing. How do I solve them would be the question after they have looked at the logfile. I dont have any internetproblem in any other situation except for this one. So lets see. I would like to have it solved because this is not so nice. Thanks for the reply.