Enhanced instead of lossless when playing MQA

Thanks, ill try that again, if it doesn’t work I’ll just let it go and try other software options, Thank you for your time and help

Hi @FranJau,

Can you share a screenshot of all of the Device Setup settings for this Zone?

1 Like

I get confused with the MQA decode in the Mytek and Roon. If using the full encode mode on the Mytek do you have to disable the first encode in Roon in order to get the full MQA encode? I had a Mytek Brooklyn+ for a while and was always unsure of this.
What is the difference in Roon if Roon does the first encode and the Mytek does the rest as a renderer, versus the first decode being disabled in Roon and the Mytek doing the full encode of MQA?

Yes @dylan, thank you for sticking with me on this, this is my current settings, signal path has the same result with USB and Wireless config, Let me know if you think a different settings combination will work

Thanks

@dylan Just tried same config on a borrowed Windows Computer, signal path: " Lossless"

Is the windows one set so that roon does the first decode?

1 Like

Yes, same config as the Mac

Just received an answer from Mytek regarding this issue, still no solution

Hello Francisco,

I showed your message and screenshots to one of our engineer. He said you should contact also with Roon support.
There is a chance that the problem lays in Roon or in Roon and BB communication. Hard to say now.
I was not present in office yesterday but when I back I’ll recreate your settings and try to observe if I can find the same strange behaviour on my setup.

Best regards
Wojtek

Hello @FranJau,

You will not see the “MQA Full Decoder” element in the Signal Path when using ASIO. It will appear only when using WASAPI Exclusive Mode, CoreAudio Exclusive Mode, or Roon Ready networked streaming.

As long as the device is showing the MQA logo on the display when you are playing MQA content, there will be no difference in sound quality wether or not the MQA Signal Path element appears in Roon.

I would still like to investigate the MQA Signal Path communication, but can you please confirm that when using the Roon Ready networked streaming that the Signal Path matches what is shown on the Brooklyn’s display?

-John

Hello @john , thanks

I use Mac computer, only used a borrowed Windows to test.

When using a Mac computer I always get “Enhanced” Only a few times it says “Lossless” which means there is random behavior playing MQA tracks but mostly “enhanced” you can check the pictures, same track same settings different path results.

On the mytek display, I do get MQA every time I play MQA tracks

Thanks!

Well, this problem seems to be abandoned, so I give up too. no more Roon for me after trial, I´ll be trying some other software solution, thanks to all who tried to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.