Enhancement: Roon deleting album from disk - completely?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Docker/1.7 build 537

Description Of Issue

Roon happily deletes an album physically from disk when requested.
Problem is it leaves behind anything in the folder (artwork, text files, etc) plus the folder itself.

This then requires a dive into the file system to remove the remainder.

My intent here is to find duplicates and remove those I no longer want via the UI.

I can of course manually seek them out via the file system and delete the folder which has the desired end result, but would prefer to not hunt-and-peck and have Roon remove any traces.

An add perhaps to completely delete the folder and not leave remnants?

Kev.

3 Likes

Where do you locate these deleted files after seeking them out? I know how to make my folder holding current music visible but not where the deleted data you mention is located.

Two suggestions:

1. Ask Roon where it is, go there in the OS and delete it.
  2. My recommended approach, never delete anything from anywhere ever, just Hide the unwanted album in Roon. Because disk space is pretty much free, and you never know.
1 Like

I am currently exercising step (1) in my library cleanse. Just an extra step to remove the folder completely (I have about 600+ duplicates across various formats…DSD/PCM, etc.) vs. having Roon do it.

As per (2), I agree disk space is cheap but hiding it essentially leaves the unwanted albums just lingering and doing nothing other than taking space. We have garage sales for a reason!

Kev.

Sure but physical space is limited and expensive.
The reason I keep arguing for not deleting stuff on disk is that it is essentially free.
With a modern disk drive, the cost of storing a CD is about 1 cent, you wouldn’t bend over and pick it up from the street. MP3s much less.

If there is even the slightest possibility that you will regret losing the files in the future, but you saved 1 cent…

I’m asking again about the full delete ability. It is really a nothing add - just delete the folder and its contents. Why have remnant folders with only pictures, text, etc. when the music is gone?

The delete from disk is there - it just needs the next step. Silly to locate the folder in my system and do the deed. I have multiple paths/structures and it just adds to the workflow.

Kev.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.