Entrypoints, the audio entrance to Roon, made the move to HiRes!

Thanks… I’ll give it a try and report back.

The default group number (29) is correct for DietPi. How do you differentiate between the 2 installations, have you changed the hostname of one of the devices?

I need to have a look at the logs to see what is going on. Can you download the logs via the Extension Manager of the DietPi installation that is having the issue? Instructions are here.

OK, I am an idiot. I had the DAC+ ADC Pro and I had the DAC+ ADC picked as the audio card. As soon as I changed it smooth as silk. Apologies for wasting your time.

@Jan_Koudijs OK I have the aux in working but when I install the BT entry point it says No Default Controller Available. When I go into BluetoothCtl it confirms no controller available. When I then uninstall the BT Entry point I can then go into bluetoothctl and scan on and it finds a controller. I looked in the logs and did not see anything obvious but I do not really know what I am looking for… I am running a RPI 4 with a CAD+ ADC Pro board with the latest dietpi.

Shoutout to @Jan_Koudijs for helping me resolve an issue preventing Audio Entrypoint from installing in Docker and more important to me assisting with setting up loopback to pump Spotify into Roon!

1 Like

Another way to show appreciation just in case you’re not aware.

.sjb

1 Like

Excellent, happy to encourage further development with coffee or whatever Jan wishes to purchase.

1 Like

I can reproduce this on an up to date DietPi installation, the sd-card with an older version that I used during development still works.

I have to look into this, it might take some time.

Hi @Larry_Post, with the input you provided I now wrote a Wiki page that explains how to setup an Audio Entrypoint to receive input from Raspotify. Thanks for testing this setup!

To give some context to the rest of the community :slight_smile: . Larry and I teamed up to test a DietPi setup where Raspotify is used to let a Raspberry Pi act as a Spotify Connect device, and forward the music stream to an Audio Entrypoint, in order to listen to it in Roon via a web-radio stream. You can read all about it in the above link.

1 Like

Sounds good! Most of my devices still have minijacks but not much longer it seems…

Nice! That’s a tidy way to get Spotify into Roon. I’m still running LMS on a separate Pi for Spotify and BBC Sounds with a SPDIF link into the entrypoint Pi. Convoluted, but means I can run LMS through a VPN to get UK higher quality BBC streams while keeping Roon on my local network.

If you have not helped out Jan yet, send him a little love, I just did! A way to give a thank you to Jan for his excellent extensions - #2 by Jan_Koudijs

1 Like

I’ve installed and confirmed Shairport-sync works perfectly with the loopback setup into Audio Endpoint as well. Sometimes raspotify won’t allow Spotify control points to connect, Airplay is a nice backup.

1 Like

For some weird reason the gateway IP Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 17.17.08

on my entrypoint is set to the internal docker network IP (or something) when I try to run the plugin. Same happens with a fresh (64 bit) dietpi setup.

In theory that shouldn’t matter since the entrypoint and gateway are running on the same host, but my roon core isn’t - so opening the radio URL isn’t working like this.

I’ve tried a few things but I hope three coffee will get me forward @Jan_Koudijs :grinning:

I released updates for the different Entrypoint extensions, the IP address issue should be fixed now.

Thanks for the donation :+1:

1 Like

Another maintenance release for the Entrypoint extensions:

Audio Entrypoint v0.2.3
BT Entrypoint v0.1.2
CD Entrypoint v0.1.3
Entrypoint Gateway v0.1.2

Changes

All Entrypoint extensions are now based on a multiarch Docker image. This allows me to generate images for all supported architectures in a single run via the Extension Generator. No impact for the user but much easier to maintain :slight_smile: .

If you tried the Bluetooth Entrypoint before but there was no Bluetooth device showing up while there was no error reported in the status line, then you might give version 0.1.2 a try. I made a change that should make the device discoverable.

The last change is that for accessing the radio stream you can now use <hostname>.local as an alternative to the IP address. So on a default DietPi setup you access the Bluetooth Entrypoint via the url http://dietpi.local:8000/entrypoint-bluetooth-DietPi. Be aware that the hostname to use is the hostname of the device that runs the Entrypoint Gateway. The hostname at the end of the path is the hostname of the device that runs the BT Entrypoint (both run on the same DietPi device in the example url).

2 Likes

Hi Steve,

Does your Pi4 Entrypoint accept 24bit/96kHz SPDIF input for Roon?
Being able to play 16/44 CDs is much appreciated, but I could really use hires.

No, I’ve got it set up for 16/48 to use mainly with Spotify… I haven’t tried anything other than 16/44.1 and 16/48

Extremely excited about Entrypoints, but have hit a roadblock it seems.

I run Roon from a Small Green Computers Sonic Transport i5. I have managed to install the Roon extension manager, but Entrypoints does not appear as an option (as illustrated in your video).

What to do, or what am I missing? (I have updated all components to latests).

thanks

I don’t know the exact status of the Extension Manager on sonicTransporter, but I expect that it still uses the old v0.11.9 version. Although Entrypoints can be used with this version it has to be setup to support the Docker based extensions. Another thing to note is that Entrypoints requires access to certain hardware devices, like optical drives and soundcards, which might or might not be the case.

If you want to look for alternatives then a Raspberry Pi 2, 3 or 4 is a good option.