Entrypoints, the audio entrance to Roon, made the move to HiRes!

Hi,
Actually I had the ir remote part covered by connecting an ir receiver to my pi4 endpoint running dietpi.
Doing so and with a bit of tinkering I was able to trigger any shell script by pressing a key on my amp remote (this is a quite generic remote which I’m basically only using for controlling the audio volume, so there are plenty of free keys).

Then I used some relatively simple python scripts triggering basic actions on my Roon core, like play, pause, skip, or play some predefined radios through the roon-http-api extension.

This is very convenient as I do not have to unlock any device for these simple and quite common interactions.

Now I would like to extend this to the control of the CD extension: just insert a CD in my CD-ROM reader, press a button on my remote and voilà!

I looked into the Roon API but so far haven’t found anything I could use to do that, so I figured a solution could be to directly interact with the CD extension. Hence my post here.

Maybe I missed something in the API or there are other means to trigger the extension actions I’m not aware of…

Easiest would for sure be through some command line scripts (interacting with the extension container) but I’m open to more complex options :smile:

Thanks
Sylvain