Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

Roon, why won’t you acknowledge, or better still, fix the epilepsy inducing scroll function in iOS that’s persisted for a while now and which you repeatedly appear to ignore? It’s bl**dy unpleasant and I bought my iPad Pro principally to drive this software. I look forward to your (belated) response.

8 Likes

Ha! I just created a topic for this and another very annoying issue I am having with the the iPhone remote :slight_smile:

I would like to purchase an iPad to use as a remote but holding off since I’m not willing to spend good money on something which will inevitably make me nauseous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Simon, for the benefit of those reading your post, especially owners of an iPad pro, a more detailed description of the issue you are experiencing might help your case & other users who be experiencing the same or similar problems.
In my case i have been using an iPad pro for three years & don’t think I’ve experienced the issue described to the best of my knowledge.
Finally, you should also consider posting details of your problem in the support category where you are likely to receive help from the support team, support link:- Support thread

5 Likes

Really, really disappointed you haven’t addressed and fixed the apple scrolling problem. I’m a lifer so that’s me screwed. Come on Roon, Please PLEASE sort it out and give us our wonderful software back. Can somebody be open and honest at Roon towers, what’s the problem?

2 Likes

Same here. It’s really a pain to use the app at the moment.

1 Like

Hi, we have an open ticket, which is being worked on by our development team. Unfortunately, I cannot specify the timeframe when this fix is going to be ready. Nevertheless, I will speak with the development team once again in the nearest future.

Sorry for troubles.

Thanks!

Ivan

4 Likes

Hi Ivan,

I am afraid this is not good enough given it’s been ongoing since 2019.

4 Likes

After more than two years it appears they either don’t care or are unable to fix this problem.

3 Likes

Hey @RBO and @acbarn,

Thanks for making your thoughts known. While I would love to include in this post specific news, I honestly do not have them. I can share that this week multiple teams were active on this ticket and we do care and want to fix this.

We don’t want to disappoint, so I’m kindly asking for just a little more patience :pray:

7 Likes

Hi @beka,

I do appreciate you reaching out - thank you. You can see from multiple threads on this issue how disappointed and inconvenienced many of us are. Some continue to remain patient, some give up and cancel their subscription.

Please appreciate we’ve now gone into 2022 with no fix.

2 Likes

I find it very strange that they have difficulties reproducing and fixing this issue. I have three different iPhones (iPhone 7, 11 and 12 Pro) and all of these iPhones have the same choppy scrolling while keeping my finger in contact with the screen. When I flick to scroll and let go of the screen the remaining auto scroll is smooth.

C’mon guys you should have fixed this issue by now!

Another dev reported that they could reproduce the issue themselves and it wouldn’t make the recent update but would be in the nxt?,this scrolling issue isn’t jst happening on ios but also on android as reported by others.,I experience it my self on a ipad pro iphone 13 pro max Samsung t ab s4

Unfortunately looks like there will be no real improvements to ios devices in near future. I do not have major issue with scrolling but iPad (pro) app reloads every time after using other app for about minute or longer and every day there are times that Roon needs to be force-quit. Not the experience you would expect in ios app…

1 Like

Thats why I cancelled my subscription,fed up waiting on them to fix this issue that’s been going since 2019,like I said before any company isn’t really going to listen when your still putting money in there pocket,but I bet they soon would if everyone started cancelling there subscriptions

3 Likes

As you see from moved threads and others this bug is creating a bad user experience, not to say creating annoying feelings, on iOS devices.

And as you see in all user logs, many use these iOS devices as their main device for the remote.
So this over the very long time of its existence has unfortunately really caused a disbelieve to some users on how important a solid, everyday usage for ROON is to its users and addressing this properly.

I do hope that you can regain the trust by iOS users who didn’t abandon ROON till then and are still waiting for a fix.

1 Like

You are absolutely right, there is for example this show stopper when using playlists on After lockscreen loosing position in playlists on iOS that hopefully finally get‘s addressed. I don‘t know what they are testing on iOS, otherwise such very obvious bugs would be immediately identified,fixed in beta testing etc.

2y Ivan we’ve been waiting and your asking us to wait more,its lack of support like this why I cancelled my subscription

And if it was fixed in a very near update would you renew your subscription?

Definitely m8

Good to hear!