Erratic disconnections/ reconnections?

I’ve been having trouble with Roon (on Nucleus) disconnecting and reconnecting, at least once in every long listening session. Sound cuts out and controllers look for Roon Core, taking a few seconds up to a minute or so to reconnect. When Roon reappears on the controller, I have to hit Play again.

My system uses TP-Link WiFi, but a friend whose system is wired by Ethernet has recently experienced the same thing just as often.

Also, it does this whether playing from WiFi or from the Nucleus’ internal SSD. So there’s good reason to believe this isn’t a WiFi problem.

This is the system: iPad (and sometimes iPhone or iMac) for controller; AQ power conditioner to Nucleus and other components; Nucleus to Matrix SPDIF to PS Directstream DAC; and onward to Pathos headphone amp and Utopias. All components after the Nucleus stay on while Roon/Nucleus disconnects and reconnects. All connections to/from Nucleus are firm; wiggles don’t produce disconnects.

WiFi (which doesn’t seem to be the problem) checks out in speed tests and doesn’t blink in other applications.

My Nucleus and its power supply and connectors were new at the beginning of this year and functioned as they should, through the Roon 1.8 upgrade. I didn’t notice these disconnections right after the upgrade in February; they’ve occurred during the last month or so.

Please advise about what’s wrong and what steps to make Roon more reliable.

Thx, Kirk T.