Error Adding Sooloos Backup Path - UnexpectedError (ref#78O0UU)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

i am trying to add the path to the Sooloos backup i have created and get an error message “There was an Unexpected error, UnexpectedError”

Roon Core Platform

Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

Roon Core Specifications

intel NUC513MYHE ROON CARE 2.0 16GBRAMSSD 2.1GHZ, DELL LAPTOP 1TB SSID C:, 2TB SSID D: 4TB EXTERNAL G:

Connected Audio Devices

MERIDIAN C15, 2X MERIDIAN MS200, MERIDIAN MS600, MERIDIAN MC200

Home Network Details

ETHERNET CONNECTION TO BT FIBRE bb (850MB DOWNLOAD) NETGEAR SWITCH

Screenshot

You might try using the IP address instead of the hostname. Also, ensure your credentials are correct for the share you created.

Hi Airdronian, Excuse my technical ignorance, is this the IP of the laptop in which the D Drives sits? and then the pathway? many thanks Mike

Yes, you would replace MIKES-LAPTOP with its IP address in the Network share location field.

However, you don’t seem to have entered the credentials (username and password) for the network share, and these are necessary. And have you first shared the Sooloos backup folder in Windows? That is the necessary first step.

1 Like

Hi Geoff

Yes I have shared the file via windows, is that the up address of the Laptop on em which the windows music folder sits? ( sorry tech amateur)

It’s the IP address of your laptop on the network.

Using your screenshot as an example, I would list the path to the share as:

\192.168.1.100\Sooloos backup

Your IP address will be different. You’ll need to find out what that IP is. If unsure, Google “how to find IP address on Windows 10”. (or whatever version of Windows you use)

When I shifted from Sooloos to Roon several years ago, I had to export the backup to an external hard drive before importing my library into Roon

Hi, i have tried using the IP Address with a variety of pathways, using the IP the systems thinks and tells me it is adding but then after 15-20secs i get the same Unexpected error message. i’ve tried moving the Sooloos backup to the Public folder to see if it is a password problem but same effect.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.