Error checking for update - 1.7 build 521

I get an error when checking for a software update. I’m currently on Remote Core 1.7 (build 521) stable and system plays fine, running on Mac mini. When checking for an update it downloads and then moves to “installing” but errors out with a standard message “There was an error checking for an update”. Looking through the community comments it appears the issue has been fixed but not for me. Any advice? Thanks

Update the control app before the core…
There is no going back

Thx Chris. My iPhone and iPad app open to a software update needed page at this point as they have already updated to 1.8. They provide an option to update Core. It goes through the download process but results in the same error checking for update message.

Hi Denise,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Roon runs on Mac mini OS that also has my music library. Audio components are McIntosh with a McIntosh D150 digital preamp. Speakers are B&W 802Ds. Have had this config for last 2 years and system plays/functions great otherwise. The update failure issue was there before 1.8… as 1.7 dot release update attempts received the same error message. Issue is now more of a concern since my iPad and iPhone can’t connect now that they are updated to 1.8. I’m using my Mac to remote in via screen share to the mini for access.

Hi Denise,

Have you tried installing the new MacOS version directly from the Roonlabs website?

It’s probably a good idea that you have a Roon backup before upgrading.

Cheers, Greg

This is what I needed - so happy! The update is working great across all my devices. I need to work with it for a bit, but think I’m going to really like the new 1.8 UI.

Thank you so much for the quick response - now I can enjoy my music over the holiday weekend. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.