Plusnet Hub 2 (UK).
EE8 Switch

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

29,292 tracks

Description of Issue

Getting the following ARC error:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 81.174.x.x:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“81.174.x.x”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

@Mark_Hartt-Palmer, it looks like UPnP isn’t enabled in your router. Try enabling this, or setup manual port forwarding.

1 Like

Hi there

I’ve set up port forwarding and upnp is enabled, but I’m still getting the same message?

I have a plusnet router, got mine working by changing port number on roon to 55000.

Also added a port forwarding rule

1 Like

hi @Andrew_Griffiths sorry to ask such a daft question - can you describe exactly the steps you took in adding the port fowarding rule?
Many thanks :slight_smile:

There is a Youtube video here which explains how to forward ports…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP5-JdT_ILk

In my case, don’t know if it is necessary, under Settings, Roon ARC on Roon, I changed the Port to 55000.

In my port forwarding rule, I entered 55000 under both the Port Range and Translate To fields.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Hartt-Palmer,

I can’t thank you for your patience while we’ve diligently worked to reach every request for support with port forwarding. I know you’ve endured a long wait time, and hopefully we can resolve your issue promptly at this point and restore some faith.

The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to toggle UPnP/NATPMP off/on in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core and then restart the router.
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration. Then, make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC. This is the step @Andrew_Griffiths suggested above, so I recommend looking into the content they shared.
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? This is particularly important if you have a second router in your setup.

Hi there

No problem for the delayed response! I’m very glad to report that everything works perfectly now, and I was able to stream on the go in my car perfectly.

Many thanks for a great new feature.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.