Error in Discovery results being added to queue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

WIN10 Build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mutec 3 ==> iFi iDSD Pro

Description Of Issue

As a result of Discover, I am presented with this screen -

I click the ‘Play Now’ button -

Both selections get added to the queue -

Doesn’t seem right. Shouldn’t just the selection associated with the ‘Play Now’ button be added to the queue? Notice that the selections are added to the queue in the order that they appear in my Discovered list.

For that matter, since one can select what is to be played by clicking on the entry in the list, what is the point of the top display? It can’t be to allow one to select all possible candidates since it is displaying only one.

I’d like an explanation.

It’s no big deal, but it seems like just another confusing or unfinished aspect of Roon’s UI.

This is a Composition. “Play Now” for a composition plays trough all the performances (271 if you were on the Qobuz listing instead of your Library). If you want a specific performance only to play you have to issue the command by clicking on that performance (play options menu) or use the small play icon in front of the line.

Already discussed in:

Edit: I can see that displaying a (random) album art with what actually is a composition can be confusing for some users. Maybe Roon Labs can come up with a better solution for compositions? How about displaying a composer picture instead?

Thanks for the explanation.

Ya see, that’s my complaint. Why would one want to take the action of playing thru all performances?

Absurd. Just more Roon UI weirdness.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @xxx, I’ve forwarded your feedback to the team!

1 Like

I’m the OP of the other discussion.I don’t mind the feature, but it uses the cover art from a specific album, leading one to believe it will play only that album. Maybe, it should display a collage of the multiple album arts?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.