"Error Loading Page" solved by changing to Google DNS

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on NUC10i5FNKN2 (latest software)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FireBrick FB2700 Firewall/Router
ROCK Core on Ethernet via Unifi switch (gigabit)
Saw the problem on both Ethernet (iMac) and Wifi (iPhone)

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Uniti Nova (Roon Ready)
iPhone Xs

Number of Tracks in Library

12,282 tracks

Description of Issue

Am posting here because I have just discovered the solution to my “Error Loading Page” issue: change the DNS server used by ROCK to Google DNS (8.8.8.8).

Since subscribing to Roon three years ago, when browsing the Qobuz pages I have almost always seen “Error Loading Page”. Everything else worked on my iMac for the Roon app and for other applications. This error was present when browsing Qobuz from iMac (wired or wireless) or iPhone. It wasn’t the affected by which version of Roon I was running, nor when I switched Roon Core from the iMac to a NUC ROCK server, nor even when I had to update to a NUC10 recently when the NUC7 failed.

Changing the DNS server is mentioned by Roon Support in several posts on this topic but it wasn’t easy to find. I’m lucky enough to have a firewall that allows me to set the DNS server sent in an individual DHCP response. As soon as I set the ROCK DHCP DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and rebooted the ROCK the problem disappeared.

Definitely worth trying!

david

2 Likes

Splitting out the solution, so I can mark it as such.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.