Error message after update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Sony Laptop - Windows 7 32bit 4GB RAM

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Virgin Media Hub Hard wired throughout.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Ethernet hard wired throughout - router - switch - laptop - DSM

Description Of Issue
After upgrading today I get an Error message “Could not compile valapha shader. Fragment shader failed to compile with the following error:" This is followed by 44 errors … and the Roon program will not start.

Hi, sounds like a graphic driver issue.

What graphic card is fitted to that machine and what is the driver version?

I would recommend installing the latest one to see if that helps.

In the meantime I’ll tag @support to follow this up for you.

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Welcome to the Community and sorry to hear about this issue.
Can you please provide some more information, similar to what @Carl requested?

• What is your GPU model/manufacturer?

• Can you share a screenshot of your your Device Manager/Display section?

• Are you using the latest display driver? What is the driver version number?

• Can you please use these instructions and send me a copy of your Roon logs via Dropbox / Google Drive?

1 Like

Thanks for the response Carl. I’ll look into this tomorrow and get back to you. Regards Tim

1 Like

Hi Norris. As noted I’ll check graphics card and driver tomorrow as suggested by Carl. If that doesn’t work I’ll send error log. Regards Tim

1 Like

Hi Noris,

My Graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4500 Series. Ive checked the driver version which is 8.632.1.200 and the current version.

https://we.tl/t-s0iy39E7SD

The above link contains the Roon logs. Let me know what you think the next steps are.

Thanks
Tim

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Thank you for providing that information, I have forwarded to our technical team for further investigation. I will let you know once I have more information to share, thanks in advance for your patience here!

Hi Noris,

We had a few friends staying over the weekend so in order to get things working I deleted Roon from my laptop and then ran Roon server instead. It sounds like the graphics card on this old laptop is the issue based on initial comments. Since I don’t use the laptop as a control point I was able to side step the issue.

I loaded Roon onto this low spec laptop just to trial it. I was so impressed I went with a years licence. My long term plan was to upgrade my QNAP to a 64bit versions with SSD card for Roon QPKG and FLAC files on HDD. I intended to get the lifetime membership but following price increase ??? Unsure.

So to cut a long story short I’m not expecting this laptop to excel running Roon, and I do think its causing many of my problems controlling my DSM with the remote control. For example other than pause I’m unable to skip forward and backward with tracks in the queue via the remote. I only have control using either phone or iPad as a control point. Maybe that’s another topic and subject for the forum?

Regards

Tim

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Glad to hear that RoonServer is working as expected!

Just to clarify - you are using the actual DSM remote that came with the unit or your iPad/phone in this case? Can you let me know the exact local time + date in your country when this behavior next occurs? I wonder if diagnostics reveal any further information.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Linn Klimax DSM Remote Not Working

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

I wanted to reach out to you because we’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 511) which includes some changes for AMD cards in Roon. These changes may have helped with the “valapha shader” issues you were having previously. If you want, you can give the new build a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi Noris,

Yes happy to try Roon 1.7 (Build 511) to see if it resolves any of the issues I’ve been having. Please let me know how we go about this.
Regards
Tim

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Roon 1.7 can be downloaded from https://roonlabs.com/ And cab be installed over the top of previous installations.

As always make sure you have a current Roon database backup.

1 Like