Error: No audio devices detected [Solved]

Hi @Rhythmatist, thank you for contacting support and sharing this observation you have made with us. The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are reporting may I very kindly ask you to provide me with the following:

• Please expanded on the description of your setup using this link as guide. I want to have a better sense of the gear you are working with.

• As Wizardofoz asked, can you please let me know if your Mac Mini connected to the router via a Wi-Fi connection or a hardwired connection (Ethernet CAT5/6 cable)?

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Signal Path information from the Core while there is music playing and the Benchmark is connected? You can see what the signal path should look like on this page: link

• In your report I know you had mentioned running into this issue when playing back TIDAL content, can you verify how locally stored content performs?

• Are there any other audio zones that you can replicate the problem on or is the Benchmark 3 your only audio zone?

• If you have not already, please try to rebooting not only Roon Core but also any active endpoints, remotes, and relevant networking hardware.

• Since noticing this behavior have you tried testing with another DAC mounted to the Mac Mini or perhaps testing with another USB cable?

• You mentioned the following in your post:

Is this possibly a wifi connectivity issue of the iPad? I would have thought an error like “no core detected” would be symptomatic of wifi issue. If not wifi caused then it seems like a bug. I have also noticed Tidal is extremely sluggish to start playing lately.

• Just to make sure we are on the same page, is your iPad dropping it’s connection to the core as well?

Please let me know when possible.

Thank You,
Noris