Error playing to Fiio M11 Pro DAP

Never seen this error before, on any of my devices, which include Sonos port, BlueSound Node 2i (and Vault 2i), Sony tablet and Pixel 3 running DragonFly Cobalt.

Now I’ve had this error interrupt my listening several time on my new Fiio M11 Pro DAP

Any ideas?

Hi @Jean-Pierre_Deslande,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this Zone?

Using Roon Rock installed on a NUC connected directly on (the main) Google Wifi router. I have 3 other Google Wifi points in the house, very strong network without problems but with the M11.

Never had much problems running Roon for streaming to my Pixel 3 phone either (with DragonFly Cobalt) although apparently because it is Android I can’t get MQA nor HiRes to my ears with Roon, for that I have to use another app… A bit of a shame, I wish Roon would work better on Android devices.

Device setup is default (no MQA), nothing special.

I think you should do your own tests with Fiio M11 (and Pro) defects will be obvious.

Thanks for confirming that things work okay with other devices here.

A screenshot of Device Setup and of the signal path when playing to this device would definitely be a helpful data point for understanding why you might be experiencing this.

Here you are:

For the record I got my Android Roon (1.7) app for Fiio M11 pro from this link:

http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/RoonMobile.apk

because the app provided by the Fiio app store didn’t work.

Since then I noticed that the “MQA Capabilities” pulldown is no longer available in device setup, i’m pretty sure it was available before.

Does this mean some update occured sometime in late December (I have version 1.7 Build 511)?

What did it fix?

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs as well as what track is playing. Then respond here with that time and track, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi,

A similar error occured 2 days ago accordind to Roon history list, today is Thurday 9th so that would make it Tuesday I guess, time was 21:43 EST (New York) time. The exact time is in the screenshot as well as the error. It mentions Roon Radio, I believe several previous errors (not sure if all) occured using Roon radio.

The music was iterrupted but I was able to resume after, which is a progress!

Hoping this helps

Roon3|250x500

Of course I will try to post again if error occurs.

Thanks, @Jean-Pierre_Deslande!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Sunday 13th at close to 15:14 PM (EST time) Roon music stopped on my M11 Pro. The song was Love Song by Elton John from Tumbleweed Connection Album. I wasn’t quick enough to see the error if any.

The app was still alive though and I was able to resume playing without restarting app or device.

Similar incident occured several others times.

Also crashed to today (01/15) at 12:14 PM while playing Radiohead No Surprises. Didn’t see the error if any.

This time it appended while streaming to Sonos with Roon app running on Pixel 3. App was frozen after that.

Hi @Jean-Pierre_Deslande — I’ve sent you a PM

Rebooted as requested

Thanks, @Jean-Pierre_Deslande — That seemed to have done the trick. Will get the report over to the team and follow up with you once the team has analyzed and provided their feedback.

Latest error, sunday, see screenshot (EST TZ)

I wanted to let you know that the team has reviewed the diagnostics report and we are bringing our findings to our meeting with the senior development team this week. In order to have a full, clear report for the team, I was hoping you could clarify a prior comment:

Are you able to see Roon on the Google Play store on this device? What does it show when you try to download Roon from there? Can you share a screenshot?

Hi Dylan

No Google Play on Fiio Android devices for whatever (possibly comercial ) reason. Instead they have Fiio store which proposes various music apps, including Roon and if you get the app APK store. In both cases the Roon version cannot run on M11 devices, I believe this is since 1.7 release. This issue has been discussed of your forums and that is how I got the link to the 1.7 app.

It would be nice to get the Roon app from their store to automatically get updates…

I join pictures of Fiio and APK store.

Thank you for your help. M11 is a fantastic sounding device becoming popular among music lovers, looking forward to have Roon running flawlessly on it.

Jean-Pierre

Thanks for the details, @Jean-Pierre_Deslande.

I’ll run this by the team and will follow up after our meeting.

I spoke with the team about this some, and we wanted to change up our troubleshooting methods a bit. The main thing that caught our attention was this:

It seems like this is a bit more widespread than just the Fiio, correct? How often are you using the Fiio compared to the other devices? Are you able to regularly see these types of issues on these other devices now?

Can you give some additional details about the Core machine? What NUC are you using?