Error: The Performer was not Found

I had a similar issue in the past and by restarting the server I fixed it. Not sure if is related to a recent patch applied but when I search for the artist: Ed Sheeran I can see the albums but not the artist itself. If I go to an Album it shows that is from Ed Sheeran, when I click there it says “The performer was not found”. Do I have some sort of database corruption?
Any advice please?

@support pinging support.

Hi @Cesar_Sanchez ----- Thank you for the post and sharing this observation you have made with us.

Moving forward, I just did a quick search for Ed Sheeran in Roon (Core = ROCK / Remote = MacBook Air) and he appeared right away under “TIDAL artist” for me (screenshot below). Can you provide a screenshot highlighting this behavior you are seeing?

49 PM

-Eric

Will do as soon as this can be fixed: Authorization problem with 1 core and 2 remotes

@Eric showing below a search:

Now clicking in any of the albums and then trying to go to the artist shows me this:

Other artists could be also having the same issue.

@Eric Any updates about this issue? Something is definitely off … look my search for this other artist. The “Top Result” ,“Performers” and “Composer” is not showing up in my previous post.

Hi @Cesar_Sanchez ---- Thank you for the follow up and the patience while I have been discussing your issue with the team.

As per the discussion, can you please verify for me what you are seeing when you navigate to the “artist” browser and furthermore, would you kindly please click on an album (that is exhibiting this behavior), try to navigate to the artist’s page, and…

• Note the time when you are presented with the message “This performer was not found”.

• Provide the name of the album and artists that were used during this exercise.

Once I have the above time frame I will enable diagnostics on your account and our team can have a closer look into the issue by examining the Roon logs when the diagnostics report is received.

-Eric

See below:

As per the discussion, can you please verify for me what you are seeing when you navigate to the “artist” browser and furthermore, would you kindly please click on an album (that is exhibiting this behavior), try to navigate to the artist’s page, and…
Note the time when you are presented with the message “This performer was not found”.
-> What I’m seeing is the second screenshot of my previous post. The one that shows “This performer was not found”.
Provide the name of the album and artists that were used during this exercise.
-> Artist: Ed Sheeran
-> Album: Any of the albums of Ed Sheeran

When getting the information requested I noticed i don’t have the issue anymore after having the issue for few consecutive days.
This situation is getting annoying same as with the other issue reported (Authorization). Now I don’t know what was the cause, what was the fix and when is going to happen again.
Did you guy did anything?

Hi @Cesar_Sanchez ---- Thank you for the follow up, I can confirm that nothing has changed on our end.

Can you verify for me where your musical collection is being stored/accessed from? Having the details of your network configuration/topology and all devices involved would be very appreciated as well.

Furthermore, you had mentioned in the other support thread you opened that you had migrated your core machine to this Linux box some months ago. Where was your core originally being hosted and what operating system was it running under? Since noticing these issues with Roon being hosted under Centos 7.3, have you tested with application on the previous device to verify what the experience is like?

-Eric

Core is running in Linux Centos. Metadata in internal SSD and music in QNAP. NAS and Linux server are wired. I’m running a Plex Server in the same server and movies in the NAS so in terms of connectivity everything is working fine.
My Topology is 6 speakers Sonos spread around the house.
Previously Roon was running in the QNAP where the media files are stored. Since the QNAP was having resource contention I migrated everything to the Linux server that has 32GB of RAM and 32 cores. I moved all apps from QNAP so I don’t have any plans to go back also I don’t see how this would help.
As I mentioned I migrated it several months ago … these issues occurred recently after running and using it f or a while without any problems. This issue together with the authorization one happened around the same time I believe after one of the last patches.

Hi @Cesar_Sanchez — Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested feedback, the insight is appreciated.

Moving forward, just to make sure we are on the same page, at this current time you are no longer experiencing this issue where you are receiving the mentioned error message (i.e “performer not found”) when searching for an artists in your library, correct? My understanding is that the “authorization” issue has also not occurred, correct?

As you are aware we are working at understanding the behavior with authorization and once our techs complete their testing an update will be offered in that thread. In terms of this “missing performer” behavior, should this come up again, please take note of the day/time when it is noticed and the performer that was listed as missing. Flag “support” down and we will enable diagnostics on your account so we can check the exact time frame of the error.

-Eric

I guess I spoke too soon. I was checking the issue more in detail and even though now I don’t see the same message: “The Performer was not found” something is not quite right.
If I click on Ed Sheeran I see this:

First of all the list of complete albums is incomplete and is just showing 1 album and I have 5. These 5 albums are shown when I do a search by artist name.

Also the section Top Tracks is not showing.

I don’t know how is the database of Roon but it seems some fk or basic relationships are not available for this artist (maybe more).

I just tested this now: Jan-31 8:21pm EST.

Thanks for the insight @Cesar_Sanchez, appreciated!

I will go ahead and enable the mentioned diagnostics on your account and the next time Roon is active on your core machine the diagnostics report containing your Roon logs should reach our serves. Once it does, I will touch base so you know we have it and then pass over to our techs along with the provided timestamp for analysis.

-Eric

Hi @Cesar_Sanchez ----- Touching base to let you know that we’ve received the mentioned diagnostics report and I am attaching it to your ticket for evaluation of our tech team. Once your ticket has been updated and passed back I will be sure to follow up with you to share the team’s thoughts/findings in a timely manor. Your continued patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Performer Not Found