Error: Tidal and QoBuz Media loading slowly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core is connected via WiFi. Netgear Orbi router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Streaming to Nativ Vita (this unit was set up for beta testing with Roon), Google Chromecast, and Sonore Ultrarendu. Connected via optical and/or USB to Cambridge Audio Edge A and/or Peachtree Nova 300 amplifiers.

Description Of Issue

More and more frequently I am getting the error message that Tidal and Qobuz media are loading slowly and it skips to the next track only to have the same message pop up again in about 15 seconds. This has always happened to me intermittently, but it’s getting to where it is no longer tolerable. It happens on all devices, multiple streamer/amp combinations, as well as when I use the system output. I know this error is common and has been discussed ad nauseam, but I have tried everything I have found here, to no avail.

All equipment is updated. DNS is set to google’s 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Internet speeds at 210mbps. If I stream directly from Qobuz or Tidal, all albums play without issue. The only thing I can think of is that my Macbook is for some reason unable to handle roon. It does run quite hot and the fan is always on when running roon. In any event, it’s extremely frustrating having just paid for a roon lifetime subscription and it being pretty much unusable.

More likely an internal network issue. That’s the fault most often associated with that message.

Hello @Adam_Harris, thanks for your report! Do you still have issues if you connect the core directly to Ethernet? What if you lower the streaming quality for Qobuz and TIDAL?

A post was split to a new topic: Issues streaming on NAD CI 580’s

@nuwriy Since two weeks I encounter the same thing when I stream Qobuz from my Auralic Aries Mini, which is UTP-connected to my router. My other streamer (Nucleus) does not have this issue. The error message suggests network problems, but I think that is not the case because than the Nucleus would have the same problem.
The build 610 update did not fix this issue, or so it seems.
Streaming settings on Qobus have not changed (192/24).
The remotes are all iOs (iPhone, iPad) or MacOs (Catalina 10.15.6) and updated.

If your Roon core is connected to the network via wireless as it suggests in your opening post this is likely your problem. Running a server over wireless is not a good idea, hard wire the Nucleus to your router.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.