Errors when exporting playlists with files containing "non-american" characters in file names

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core is installed on a Windows 10/x64

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello to the @support team,

When exporting songs with foreign characters in the file name, like swedish characters or german “Umlaute” like ä ö ü roon does not export the file. The file names are in the m3u file, but no export of the song file. The result is an invalid list.

Kind regards
Volker

Hello @Volker_OB, and thanks for the report! I’d like to show this to our team so they can take a look. Could you please upload a copy of that file here so I can give them an example? Thanks!

Hello Nuwriy,
I’m sorry, but it isn’t possible to reproduce the error. The only explanation I can give is the fact, that I’ve made a big Windows Update in the mornig.(Ver 10.0.19041.450 now)
This is my only Windows PC. On a Mac, the whole export function doesn’t work. (Already reported by another user.)

Hello @Volker_OB, thanks for trying, though! I did have another user report similar behavior yesterday and I was able to get a report over to our QA team for consideration. I’ll link both your and their reports together so we have them. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.