Esoteric N-01XD not connecting despite [Advertised as] Roon Ready?

There is no update available. Current version shows as 12.2u released on 9/14/20

Heard that Roon will update to version 1.8 later, anyone know new version including N-01XD roon ready?

Roon core updates are completely unrelated to the device Roon Ready certifications. Even if a device changes from uncertified to certified, Roon Core does not need to be updated to show this status.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter, that means N-01XD roon not ready in 2020 :sob:

It looks like the N-01XD has a new firmware update available on website, the 1.20. This is specified as I/F type, and my guess is has nothing to do with Roon Ready.

There are three parts of firmware for N-01XD: network firmware, base I/F firmware, and USB firmware.

The network firmware is the major part of Roon Ready.

Yup! Thank you. You laid out those three updated earlier above. Do you happen to know what “I/F” stands for?

In my world I/F would mean ‘interface’ but my world isn’t consumer electronics. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi there,

I was wondering whether you already knew when the Esoteric N-01XD network player/dac is planning to get supported?

Thank you.

Before it completes Roon Ready certification, you may use USB input or AirPlay.

Soon. It’s been said that for the past three months :grinning:

Do you know what Technical Problem or Any Other Issue for the “Soon” Ready of N01-XD?
This device has published already one year.

Roon Ready takes time. Look at the status of other manufacturers’ devices.

I see some new device from other manufacturer has roon ready when new issue. That’s why I don’t understand N01-XD still “soon” ready.

The main unit firmware that interfaces with the network board or SACD drive.

Did N-01XD got roon ready finally?

My sources says soon, very soon. (as in it’s finished)

As I attached link, roon has update in their web the N01-XD is roon ready.

But, I still not try with my unit.

I think we need to wait for the firmware upgrade !

Tomorrow is what I’m hearing (and I’m running it now on a demo unit, works perfectly)