Ethernet hard wire does not recognize my Roon points

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Os= sonic orbiter v2.7 transport 5i
Roon build 1.8v (764) stable
Roon points (2) bluesound node 1 & Cary dms500

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
New modem/router Motorola mg7700
Spectrum cable speed 100
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon point (2) bluesound & Cary dms500 WiFi all
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
All Roon points r recognized by WiFi and operate fine. No recognition when Ethernet is hard wired. Problem started a couple of weeks ago about three days after update from Roon on the old modem, new modem did not fix this. The WiFi is working correctly and all devices r seen by Roon on WiFi.
TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Gregg_Pattee ,

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, we’re getting back to everyone as quickly as we can following our 1.8 release.

Do the devices show up at all under Roon Settings → Audio, possibly via other sources like Airplay? If so, does that work as expected?

Have you made any custom configuration on the Modem? Do you have the Ethernet network separated from the WiFi? I would check to ensure there is only one router in your setup, sometimes ISP modems have a built-in router and this can cause two networks to be accidentally set up.

Is the Core connected via Ethernet?

Core is connected via Ethernet.
I have not modified the new modem.
Roon sees all the devices works via wifi

Hi @Gregg_Pattee ,

Have you by any chance checked this yet?

What is the IP address that you get on WiFi vs on Ethernet, are they in the same range except for the last 3 digits?

I’ll check this and report back thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.