Euphony with Roon Core + HQPlayer update

Hello,

I have on Euphony Roon Core + HQPlayer, but since today it doesn’t work. Roon app told me to update HQPlayer to 4.29.3+, but if I click on “Check for updates” in Euphony, there writes “No future/system update”. And download and next update HQPlayer manually, it doesn’t go.
Is anybody here with Euphony and has the same problem? The issue is cased by HQplayer updates. Thanks

While finding other users with the same problem might be useful this issue needs raising with Euphony support. It’s an “appliance OS” that incorporates Roon and HQP and I suspect that they will need to update the version of HQP they’re using. I’m pretty sure that Roon support won’t be able to fix the issue.

Good luck.

Of course I have written to Euphony support first and now waiting for the replay. But in between until I receive the answer I wanted to ask, if the same problem have more people, because probably someone could already have info directly from Euphony

1 Like

Good to hear, and just checking. In the meantime, if the wait proves too long/the response disappointing, you could try setting up HQP 4.29.3+ on another machine and point Roon to that? It’s not ideal but it could be done.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Sonicorbiter database corruption

You can’t just move HQPlayer Embedded to another system and use it. There is a license key involved. Depending on how HQPlayer Embedded was purchased, it may not be possible to move it to another machine.

Hey Tomas,

Thx for the report, at this stage indeed the best option is to wait for response from Euphony, we will keep monitor the progress here.

Hi Yaohan,
this is answer from Zeljko:

As things currently stand, the latest HQPlayer versions are incompatible with Euphony 3.0 - they require newer versions of some system libraries which in turn require newer versions of other system libraries… triggering a cascade of updates which would mean updating the kernel too and the entire system… We cannot do this on v3.

Regards,
Željko

Fair enough, that’s a lot of depends though and it’s got to be worth a shot. I’m always uneasy with products where my license is tied to hardware and isn’t relatively straightforwardly transferrable between devices I own. Euphony requires you to purchase your own key. The surest way of finding out is to give it a go.

Seems as though it’s the only option for now…

Edit This might be the answer if there’s an issue, but definitely worth checking with @jussi_laako first:

I have own experience. I had Intel NUC, but it has been burn out, so bought new one and Jussi generated new licence key acording to new HW fingerprint, and old one deleted. This is possible, but you can’t have two machines and one licence and change from one to second and then back.

1 Like

I doubt Euphony has horrible lot of interest on this either since they want to compete with HQPlayer with their own software solution.

I support HQPlayer Embedded on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and HQPlayer OS.

1 Like

What is HQPlayer OS? It is like standalone optimized linux distribution with embeded hqplayer? If it is with roon core compatible, it would be good alternative to Euphony

We will see, probably V4 helps that, but when, it is a question

This will be resolved with v4 but I cannot give you any promises on the release date.

Regards,
Željko

That’s pretty much it, you can read a little about it on the third paragraph of this page:

I think it is like ROCK, in that you cannot load other software. But, the one to know for sure would be @jussi_laako

Yes, it is pretty much plug-and-play custom Linux-based OS designed to run HQPlayer Embedded. It is my “reference streamer firmware”. You can boot it up from a USB memory stick, no installation needed, so it is also easy to try. At the moment image is 2.2 GB with 50% free space.

It comes in three flavors. One for “modern” bigger CPUs with AVX2 instruction set support, called “x64amd”. Second is “x64gen” that runs on PC hardware with SSE4.2 support upwards, suitable for small Atom CPUs and such. Third is microSD image for RaspberryPi4, which is naturally quite limited in terms of DSP processing it can do, but still it works for some basic PCM upsampling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.