Even under 1.8 CD ripping problems

FAO EV, DD, & RD at Roon,
Definitely need stable CD ripping/archiving function.–
Just tried a first time CD rip using personal Apple SuperDrive & Nucleus+… the latter, OS: Version 1.0 (build 227) stable / Roon Server Softie: Version 1.8 (build 913) stable.
Successful first CD rip, but zero success whatsoever thereafter, including attempts post N+ reboot.
FYI through,… tried same thing a few years back ~Feb 2020 on behalf of Another, including with same personal Apple SuperDrive on a Nucleus/or N+ (can’t recall exactly), which worked seamlessly disc after disc.
Just adding a little personal feedback to you all specifically to help contribute/move this important feature forward

IS THERE ANYBODY AT ROON WHO FINALLY GETS US A SOLUTION???
WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND CAN REASONABLY EXPECT THE PRODUCT TO FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED!!!

CD Ripping with Apple Super Drive still not working at all anymore since almost 1 year! Now on version 1.8 BUILD 923. OS Version 1.0 Build 227 on Intel NUC i3.

WE WANT A SOLUTION ROON - NOW!

I could never get it to work on my Nucleus with numerous external CD drives, it just locks the system!

I gave up and bought DBPoweramp, I have ripped my entire cd collection now and have no need to rip anymore CDs.

It’s frustrating when something is supposed to work and it doesn’t :confused:

Exactly the same. here and ROON support team (if it exists at all) really really sucks. I didn’t get any answer since months! This is so annoying and I have to say, the worst customer experience ever for me, compared quite a few other suppliers offering online support, which has been responsive and helpful to me.

ROON WAKE UP!!!

@noris replied in this thread last September to say that the issue is known and is in the queue to be fixed.

It lies in Roon OS, not in the Roon software itself, and version 2.0 of Roon OS has been a long time coming, but not yet ready for release apparently.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback - since September last year??? This is 7 months ago and still no date for a fix for a major feature advertised by Roon.

This is not a „nice to have UX issue“. In my tech world this is category 1 issue which needs to be addressed and fixed asap: in days not in months ahead. What a bad joke.